it's official...

Sophie is potty trained! It took much longer than I thought it would, but probably b/c everyone told me "girls are always potty trained in just a day or two," or "girls potty train in less than a week." Not my Sophie. But that's fine. It's done now. We were so close when it was time to leave on our trip and then the loose poop hit us. We had to go back to diapers. And then we were going to be in the car for 2 days straight and I didn't want any accidents so I made her wear a diaper. But by the time we got to D.C. I had Brandon take us back to panties again and Sophie was happy to be wearing them. (He's always more positive about potty training than I am, but I think it's just b/c he wasn't at home cleaning up the messes.) We had one accident one day and a few tiny leaks, but when we start making it all week with only 1-2 accidents THAT'S when I consider it done. She's been sleeping without a diaper much sooner than Christopher did when we potty trained him and done great with it. It feels so good to know that I'm done with buying diapers. Money in the bank. Well, maybe towards our new cell phone bill. But I thought those were a great reward. Don't you?

5 comments:

Absolutely! Well done, Hemphills.

10:06 AM  

Yay, Sophie!! now the important question: what kind of underwear? We prefer princesses over here. And it usually needs to be Belle. Sometimes Cinderella. What does Sophie prefer?

9:25 PM  

Yeah Sophie!!!!!!

12:26 PM  

well, we still are a little new to the princess stuff, but she only thinks that it's a princess if she has yellow hair. probably b/c cinderella is on everything princess and she has yellow hair. (not something anyone taught her, she came up with that on her own) we have dora and walmart brand which is just pink and flowers. she's more into pink, butterflies and flowers than any characters right now.

3:39 PM  

Yeah for Sophie and for you! I think I might try Joshua this month. We will see how that goes.

10:00 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.