Finally, some photos

I figured I could just try to put photos on here in multiple posts instead of trying to do all of them at once. The first round will be from our time in N.C. with my Grandpa...

First, the kids and I rode our bikes up to the big playground on base. When I came outside to get on my bike, this is where I found Sophie. I have absolutely no idea how she got up here, but I'm just glad she didn't fall over. The kickstand wasn't down and it was barely leaning against the wall. She is a very skilled climber and has yet been able to find something she can't climb.


As a gas station for potty breaks. There were LOTS of eighteen wheelers here and the kids were very excited about watching them. (I was just glad I had Grammie along to keep them out of the bathroom and touching everything! Why do kids do that?)


The guy that drove this truck asked the kids if they wanted to come out and honk the horn. They didn't, so he honked at them when he drove away. Christopher froze and Sophie squealed.


Grandpa took us to an awesome park when we got to his place, but it was so hot that we just couldn't stay. I think we brought a heat wave with us b/c it was like this everywhere we went. This bench was made so you could talk to each other in the openings at either end. The kids thought this was great.


Dinner at Aunt Jean and Uncle John's house. Hands down, cleanest house I have ever been in. And they've lived here for over 20 years. It was so fun to see them.


Aunt Jean bought the kids a tracing book and she was more than happy to help them try it out. She's a teacher's assistant and has taught for years too. She is so fabulous with the kids and the warmed up to her instantly.


This is what no napping does to two little ones. They were passed out in no time!


Grammie holding Sophie at Grandpa's work desk. And trying to keep her from getting into everything. It's a full time job with that little girl!


Grandpa giving Christopher his first art lesson. Christopher really enjoyed painting. When we finally made it to IKEA, I saw an easel and just had to get it for them. They love it and I do too!


Sophie taking her turn at painting. We were laughing b/c she only did straight lines from the top to the bottom of the canvas. We had to turn it sideways just to get a different direction going.


Christopher is so proud!!!


Sophie is too, she just shows it in a different way. I love those kids!
(I'll be back soon with more photos...)

5 comments:

phew! catching up on posts because i have not had a moment to be on the computer in a while, but I have to say...painting with Grandpa will be SUCH a TREASURE!!!!!!!!! How lucky Sophie and Christopher were!!!!
Also, I have no idea how you kept the kiddos out of all that paint!

10:11 PM  

Love these pics! I really hope it works for us to take a trip to see Grandpa this fall!

10:31 AM  

Looks like great fun!

Painting with Grandpa.......so sweet.

1:14 PM  

Love this! I would love to have a painting Gramps! Okay, the cheeks on your bebes are killing me. And your Grams is just beautiful!

P.s. Lainy touches EVERYTHING in bathrooms. She also puts her mouth on everything everywhere. Like a handle on a game at Chuck E Cheese. EW!!! I'm a major germaphobe and totally don't understand.

10:32 AM  

fun times Brittny. Even though it seemed you had some "mishaps" along the way in DC I am glad you were able to see your Grandpa and Brandon during his time away. Can't wait to see you all. It will be sooner than later.

3:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.