Princess and a playroom

Now this first one if for all of you who either rolled your eyes at me or told me, "Just wait. It'll happen whether you want it to or not." but Sophie now owns her first princess dress. Cinderella. For some reason she thinks that only Cinderella is a princess and the others are not. (Probably the same part of the brain that has Christopher convinced that Percy is a girl train and not a boy train.) She is very excited about this. She went with me to a friend's house on Tuesday to babysit and she and the little girl played dress up for most of an hour. They were cowgirls, Minnie Mouse, ballerinas, and each other. It was adorable! That night we went to buy Christopher a basketball and I found a Snow White costume, that I must say, was beautiful. But she's "not a princess." Brandon didn't care and bought it anyway. The next day I went to Target and found Cinderella and bought it. I called Brandon to tell him what I bought and he told me that I have to find a place at Disney to take her to eat with all the princesses, no matter what it costs. I found one place that had two openings and booked it. That night we pulled out the new princess dress. She loves it, but says it's itchy. It's a little big so we will wear a shirt under it. Now she tells me randomly during the day, "Me go eat food wive a pwincess." She's so cute I can't stand it!



Also this week, the kids decided they wanted to share a room. Christopher has been trying to talk Sophie into this for a while and she finally agreed. Last night I finally got everything switched around. I have pictures, not b/c the room are "done" but b/c the floor is clean. And if you are a mom, you understand where I'm coming from. The floor of the playroom will probably never been this clean again, so if I want a picture it had to be now.

Here are the kids sound asleep in their beds. I started to hang girl things on her side and move his stuff to the other side. I'd put a picture of their dressers, but hers is in the process of nothing matching yet. I have lots of painting to do. I was going to do it in the spring but we went from 32 degrees to 90 degrees overnight and I never had the chance. Hopefully this fall I can. Plus I have to drill new holes and fill the old ones and I don't have the ability to do that yet. (Not that you care.)

Here's the new playroom from the doorway. This room is tiny and there is no way to take a picture in here so this is the best I can do. Ignore everything on the walls or stack on top of a bookshelf b/c it will be removed or hung up later. I'd painted the room blue for Sophie and put up some really cute wall stickers, but the kids removed parts of them about an hour after I put them up. I was mad b/c it took a while to do this and it was really cute! Oh well.


Here's Christopher's bookshelf that bumps up to the door. His train table is next to it and under the window. (see below) I know there are pink curtains and the picture is too small, but we are moving in less than a year so no effort will go into buying now stuff for this room.



And here's Sophie's side of the room. This stuff was already here so I didn't have to touch it. This wall and the wall across from it are made of concrete blocks so nails break like a toothpick if you try to hammer into them. I had to buy a drill bit specifically for these walls and needed help centering everything and have not been able to find the bit or a person to help so nothing hangs here. The mirror is hot glued to the wall. Yup. That's how you do it if you want it done. Hopefully my in-laws can help me with that when they get here today.

I haven't had breakfast and am in some serious need of caffeine right now so I better go. Hope you have a great weekend! I'm spending the night away with some friends tomorrow and really excited about it. We have a meeting all day tomorrow for MOPS and then some of us are going to stay the night. (Thanks Brandon!!!!)

6 comments:

Oh how I love these pictures. I've been stalking your blog for an update. I LOVE little miss priss in her costume. She is going to have so much fun at Disney. We can't wait for AM to be big enough to go. And I also love how they wanted to share a room together. That is so cute! Love you all. (I finished Sophie's pillowcase. I hope to make it to the post office today to mail it.)

10:02 AM  

Sophie is too cute. Glad you found an opening to eat with the princesses at Disney. That will be fun for you two. And how cool that they are sharing a room now and you have the other one for all the toys. That is a blessing. One day one all three boys are in one room we might get to do that :-)

2:31 PM  

Her Highness spent the better part of three straight years in a princess dress. Everywhere we went, she HAD to be dressed up! I miss those days. What fun! Sophie is precious in that dress.

9:23 AM  

Wait! What? I have been out of blog land for awhile now, but are you going to Disney World? When? We are going in two weeks and Bennett is having breakfast with the princesses at Cinderella's castle. Is that where you are going?

I am loving catching up on your blog. I love that they share a room now. I wonder if mine will want to do that when Will gets older. You make it look like fun.

Love you!

Oh, and Bennett is obsessed with Ariel and has to wear her Cinderella dress every day. It's a girl thing. I just go with it.

10:16 PM  

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED SHE IS IN TO PRINCESSES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are in trouble...and now my bank account is too:)
cannot wait to see how excited she is in Disney!!!
Miss you all
love to you all too!!!

12:01 PM  

Appreciate this blog postt

9:16 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.