The kids have been playing together this morning and I just walked out and heard Christopher say, "Slam! I closed the door Sophie, we're at church now. Let's go." I just pretended that I didn't hear them b/c I was afraid they would stop playing. Then Sophie follows me into the kitchen and says, "We playin' a car, Mommy!" Then Christopher yells, "We're pretending to go to church, Mommy!" I told them I was so glad b/c that was a good place to go.
I've also learned in the last day or two that if I ignore them when they are fighting, they will usually get over it or eventually start playing together. So ignoring them I will! Right now, Christopher is laughing and chasing Sophie down the hall yelling, "I love you, Sophie!!" and she's saying, "no love you." Followed by her telling me, "My little bit grumpy, Mommy." Crazy kids.

Love it!
The Rouse Family said...
1:18 PM
Oh, I love it! And it's so true... kids usually do work things out better, and faster, when parents stay out of it.
You know you're raising them right when they play like they're going to church. When my oldest were 3 and 2 they used to dress up and go one of two places: Walmart or Church. I used to say, "I must be doing a good job!" :)
Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...
3:53 PM