I thought I would take the time to give you a little update on the kids, along with some photos.
First up is Christopher and preschool. We love it!! He's starting to make some friends finally. One is a little girl he talks about, but said he doesn't talk to. Another is a little boy that likes Thomas the train. I know this b/c that little boy brought it for show and tell the first week and it was the only thing Christopher talked about. I told him that he should ask the little boy about his trains that he has at his house and tell him about the trains we have at our house. After school yesterday he was so excited b/c they talked about it and now he wants him to come play at our house. He said that little boy already invited him to his house. Not really sure how that works since the parents never get to see each other, but we'll find a way.
Another thing that he has learned is how to write his name. We are on week 3 and he has been doing this since week 1 was over. Seriously? I almost cried I was so proud of him! I was told that he would learn a lot this year and I can already tell. He wants me to write names for him to copy, not trace, copy onto a different piece of paper. He tells me to write notes to put in his bag and then wants me to show him what the words are. This is his first year of preschool and I'm blown away. Last year they taught them a little bit in Mother's Day Out and had them trace lines to connect pictures and a few other things, and I was just as proud then. The great thing for us is that Florida will pay for your child to go to 4 year old preschool, up to a certain amount. I was told that this was b/c people were not sending their children to preschool and therefore they were not ready for Kindergarten. I can see why they started doing this! The boy has been in school for less than 3 weeks and is writing his name already!!! (I know, I already said that, I'm just really excited.) He still doesn't know what letters are what, which is funny b/c he has been singing the alphabet for years and knows which letter belongs to who. I've tried teaching him, but he didn't care. I think that some kids just have to learn from someone else. His teacher told me that he came up to her one day and said he didn't have room for his name. She looked at his paper and was trying to write his last name too. He had to go around the corner. I think this must be the page she was talking about. I found it in his folder today when we got home.
Now, on to Sophie. The kid just cracks me up. Yesterday afternoon I went back on my bed to check my email and she came to find me. She hadn't napped all day and I was waiting for her to either crash or just go to bed early after a meltdown. She hates when I get on the computer. She found a bracelet on my side table and played with it while putting her legs all over my arms trying to get me to stop checking my email. All of a sudden I realized that she wasn't moving. She had one leg across my wrists and was still holding the bracelet with both hands. (see below, but picture me next to her and her positioned like described above. The only thing that has moved is her leg and her hands.)
I wanted to yell to Christopher to get the camera b/c it was so cute, but was afraid I'd wake her and that he couldn't find the camera. I got down to get it myself and found the little man doing the following:
While I was chilling with Sophie, he found a leftover single serving of vanilla ice cream and helped himself to some sprinkles. Not really sure what he was looking for at this point, but we got down. I found the sprinkled ice cream that night in the fridge. It was pretty colorful!
And finally, here's Sophie doing some kind of trick. She was making a really funny noise and kept picking her leg up and moving her hands. It was cute so I had to get a picture. This new dress was bought b/c we went to the mall, had an accident and I forgot a backup. Thank goodness for sales at Old Navy!
It's stinkn' hot in our house right now. It's been hot outside a lot lately, but I think it's our turn for the a/c to freeze over OR just not have the ability to cool the house down. It's not fun! I have chicken I need bake and clothes I need to dry, but I really don't want to make the house any hotter than it already is. Fingers crossed the problem goes away when the sun goes down!

I cannot believe he is writing his name!!!! And he writes so well!
The Howell's said...
6:14 PM
i know! it's crazy! he just figured out how to draw pictures last year in mom's day out and now he's writing his name. of course, they would have a "frame" on paper and they were supposed to draw their friends or family and he would draw trucks, but they are really good trucks! it's so fun!
Brittny said...
6:58 PM
That is awesome that he's writing so well at such a young age. Love the fridge shot!
starnes family said...
8:41 PM
wow, that's great how well he writes his name. Nicholas can do that, but not in a straight line. Plus he writes tot he left. Not sure if that is because he is a lefty or not. Fun times seeing them learn.
The Khans said...
4:13 PM