Ahhhhhh......
That is exactly how I feel this morning. : ) The kids and I drove up to my parents' house at the lake yesterday and it is just the breath of fresh air that we all needed. Christopher is so very happy and acting like his old self again. Grammie said maybe all he needed was a change of scenery. I think we all did b/c we are all very happy! I even got 10 hours of sleep last night. 10 HOURS!!!!! Of course it helped that I went to bed when Christopher did. We are sharing a room and he kept following me around last night and it was the only way to get him to stay put. But I was exhausted so I didn't mind. I needed the sleep.
Brandon suggested that we head up here early to allow me to have a little help with the kids (who have been driving me crazy due to all the time inside from the rainy days) and I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. I guess b/c Christopher has had so many changes lately in his life I thought leaving would only add to the problem. Little did I know it is the very thing that could fix it! We were coming up here anyway for Nicholas' birthday party on Saturday, so coming early was a brilliant idea. Thanks honey!
We miss Brandon, but the kids are having a blast and Sophie has taken to Grammie and Pop so well, something I was concerned about b/c she is so attached to me. I can't even go to the bathroom without her getting mad that I took time out for myself. She actually tries to pull my pants up while I'm going. Seriously! I am very thankful she loves her grandparents so much b/c they are going to watch them in a few weeks so Brandon and I can get away for our anniversary. Christopher is in the shop with Pop building a "fire home" for his fire truck, Sophie is taking a nap and I'm off to get dressed, ALONE and without any tears on little faces or my foot on the toilet to keep little hands out or toilet paper being unraveled or trash being pulled out, and I am thoroughly looking forward to it!!!
Oh yeah, my camera is finally here!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! Brandon has been instructed to pick it up and bring it with him this weekend. Can't wait to show you photos from it! : )
I am so glad you are there getting some fresh air and much needed rest!!! I can literally picture you going to the bathroom with Sophie b/c that is how both my boys were for months. One in my lap and the other tugging on me while trying to pee...the things our husbands don't understand, but shouldn't have to either! I am so happy for you!!!!
Caroline Armstrong said...
3:24 PM
p.s. me picturing you going to the bathroom may have sounded weird, but you know what I mean! More the tugging child than you teeteeing. okay, I will shut up now. just had to explain...:)
Caroline Armstrong said...
3:25 PM