It's curtains!

That's right, I finally got some. I used my tax refund money to buy them, along with a couple other things. The best parts are (b/c there's more than one) I didn't have to go on a fabric hunt, didn't have to get them made and they were on sale. Here's a photo:



I really like them and I hope you do too! I got them at Pier 1 and had seen them months ago, but didn't think they'd work, and that $35 a piece was too much. I ended up getting them for about $26 a piece. Why do we always think it's cheaper to make something? B/c most of the time it is, but what I was picturing in my head wasn't going to be cheap. These give the color and the drama that my poor green couches have been desperately crying for! Oh, and just to let you know, that big piece of awkward brown furniture on the left of the photo is a dresser that was passed down to us that we aren't using anymore (remember "new" ones we got?) We have nowhere else to put those two pieces so they are sitting in our living room, both of them, until we figure out what to do with them. Brandon would love to sell them (don't tell his mom) b/c we have no place to put them, but I think they are pretty and hope we can figure out some other solution. Here's a photo of the other side of the room in case you are wondering:

Yes, I know that is a saaaaaad little tree in the corner, but I got it at a yard sale for $10 and it's sitting on a box behind that chair b/c it's not tall enough, but trees are expensive and we aren't in this house forever. So who cares!!! If you do, just laugh at me b/c I know how pitiful it is. Remember we live in base housing so it's not my dream house anyway. Christopher wanted to be in the photo too, and yes he usually wears shorts, but when you are potty training, you just don't bother sometimes. And if anyone knows how to decorate shelves, please come help me! I'm horrible at it!!! You are looking at dvd's, Wii games, a basket (b/c I was sick of looking at Wii controllers dangling over the edge) and a pitiful excuse for a clock that I bought on clearance at Target b/c once I finally gave up my VCR I needed to know what time it was. I'm off now, the kids are playing outside and it's so cute I gotta snap some photos!

4 comments:

White lights on the tree would help it sparkle. Of course, Parker would think it was Christmas all year

7:15 PM  

I love the curtains!!

8:34 PM  

#1 I LOVE the curtains! And anoher great part is you get them instantly instead of having to wait! They look awesome!!! I think you need to print some of the INCREDIBLE pictures you have and frame them to put above the TV...I know you've got some good ones b.c I see them all the time!!!
#2 The wings on Sophie were the cutest thing I have seen! I did click on the picture and make it bigger and SHE IS beautiful!!!! It looks like y'all had a great time!

1:50 PM  

I LOVE the curtains and the story you left on my blog :)

2:38 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.