Trip to lake

Here are the photos from our trip to the lake the week of Easter. The kids and I had a fabulous time and it was exactly what we needed.

The first morning we had bunny pancakes with chocolate chips for the eyes. The kids were absolutely wonderful this day! Soooooo happy to be away from a rainy home.


Riding the plasma car around the kitchen and chasing each other. This is the grandkids favorite thing to do! (Ok, the grownups too!)


Christopher always loves to feed the dogs when we are there and this time Sophie wanted to help. Huge surprise b/c she's always been so scared of dogs.


She carried her own cup of food, but wanted to drop them in the bowl one piece at a time. Grammie had to get her to dump the whole cup b/c it would have taken forever her way!



While Sophie napped, Christopher and I dyed easter eggs. He didn't understand the clear wax crayon and so I had to decorate them so he could dye them. He loved it!



Pop made a step stool wide enough for them to stand on together (I'm working on painting it now, will show final result later on, when I finish it!). They had more fun standing on it at the sink and playing in the water and helping Grammie with dinner!



Grammie made Rice Krispie treats and used a cookie cutter to cut out bunnies. I used the chocolate chips and m&m's to decorate the faces. I think we would have eaten the whole bunch that night if we hadn't walked away from them!



The kids are really into fishing these days. Christopher has two fishing poles and Sophie plays with the bathtub ones.



She had to put it on her tray when she ate too! When the girl finds something she likes, there's no taking it away from her!




The patio was covered in pollen and Grammie started to clean it and it took about 30 seconds for the kids to decide to help. They love to help clean and I try to use it to my advantage when I can.



Sophie (again, not wanting to let go) had to even help rinse the rag herself. It's really cute, I just hope it stays cute.


Christopher wanted to fish with Pop every chance he got. He can cast a line really far too! It's crazy! Thankfully he doesn't care that there isn't a fish on the other end.



Sophie enjoying her swing while the boys are fishing. She loves swinging and always wants Christopher to join her. Pretty funny!


Sophie and her best buddy having a snack at the counter together. She adores Pop and it's so cute b/c she is the only granddaughter, for a few more months at least!



Taking a break to read some books. She likes to do this on her own. I take too long and apparently have the book in the wrong direction too!

1 comments:

I love the pictures, how cute! And I'm glad to see that Sophie is warming up to the dogs!

8:30 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.