Anyone interested? Christopher can be so cute and make you want to lose your mind all in one breath. Sophie is adorable, but screams really loud. Brandon is on call today and it's only 2:45 and I'm wondering if anyone would notice if I left the kids home alone and I went to go relief some frustration, alone. Is it too early to start drinking? I'm kidding, I'd never do that.
We went to the beach again this morning with our friends and the kids fell asleep on the way home. Sophie slept for an hour and a half, but Christopher woke up when I put him in his bed and never went back down. He did just about everything but spit in my face while we were at the beach. How do you put a kid in time out while on a beautiful beach? It doesn't happen. I tried. Four times! Sophie kept trying to pull everything out of the cooler, throw it in the sand and put it back in the cooler. Thankfully this didn't happen until before we headed home and it was the reason we went home. She screamed so loud that an old couple a very good distance away started staring. Melissa and I just laughed b/c it was pretty funny.
Christopher pretty much refuses to sleep. Oh, he finally crashes, but not without putting up a fight. The fights aren't terrible, if you lay on the bed with him until he's out, but if you don't, you're in for more company. I'm praying that I will have this situation nipped in the bud by the time my parents come a the end of the month to watch the kids so Brandon and I can go away for our anniversary. The tough girl is coming out tonight and since Brandon isn't home I figure it's a good time to start trying it. If I'm alone I can get myself psyched up and be tough, but if he's home it's hard b/c he needs to get his sleep and Christopher won't let him do that. I'm hoping that no nap today will help me win.
We've also started the potty training again b/c he asks to go potty quite often. We have decided this is something he has to do when he's ready, we can't make him. Been doing great, but this afternoon, within 3 minutes he pees on the carpet twice. He's telling me while he's doing it too which kills me!!!! He just stares at it while he's going informing me of what's happening.
Actually, come to think of it, I think I'll keep Sophie. She's pretty good now and likes to put things away. She goes to bed without any trouble and thinks that I hung the sun, moon and stars. Maybe I'll just put Christopher on loan until he's potty trained and sleeping again. Maybe a dog trainer is the way to go. Sounds more like house breaking than anything. He is really cute and I know I'd miss him once I caught up on my sleep.

Okay, you have me in STITCHES!!!!!! I actually felt like I was having a conversation with you, which makes it easy and fun to read...but I can also completely sense your exhaustion, frustration, love for your children and your tough side all at once! I know I am not there so I don't really know how you feel...but having 2 kiddos and having struggles with even just being able to take them to the zoo or park where I want to pull my hair out by the time we leave and wonder if it was even worth it to get out in the first place, I can almost know how you feel! Your a GREAT mom though!!! (for what that is worth:)
Caroline Armstrong said...
5:00 PM