I've been away from here for a week or so b/c Brandon and I went away together, no kids, to Orlando to celebrate our 5th anniversary early. My parents came down on Tuesday and kept the kids for us and we were really looking forward to 3 nights away together. We left Wednesday morning and a friend of ours let us take his convertible BMW, which was so fun to ride in! Except the radio quit working the day before we left. Which was fine, but my man loves his music so I knew it was going to be a long ride for us. (Don't worry, we love talking to each other, but we talk a lot, so we didn't have that much to catch up on and 6 hours is a long time.) That night we decided to head to Epcot to see the laser show. It was fabulous! Our kids are worthless by evening at Disney, so we never get to see the light shows. The next day we had our little "time share" meeting to go to and were kind of dreading it, but kept telling ourselves we had a free place to stay and free tickets to Universal b/c we agreed to it, so we went with the best attitude we could. It actually was a lot of fun and pretty interesting until we got to the money part. Then it got annoying. After finally convincing the man that we don't make big decisions like that in 2 hours, (we spend more time than that deciding on how to spend $50) we got our tickets and headed back to Disney (we have season passes) and walked around Epcot, rode a few rides and had a nice lunch together before heading to Magic Kingdom for it's night show. The next morning we grabbed breakfast at Dunkin Donuts and rushed over to Universal to start our two-park, one-day hopper. Let's just say DD probably wasn't the best way to start a day of roller coaster riding. Nobody got sick, but walking as fast as you can to get on a roller coaster that flips you like crazy after having donuts and a coke doesn't leave you feeling like you want to do it again. But we did. For several more hours. It was lots of fun and thankfully Brandon didn't mind taking a break to let me recover before going again. We hit both parks, picked up UNO's deep dish pizza (oh, so yummy!!!) on the way home and crashed on the couch until we crawled to bed to pass out. The next day we couldn't wait to get home and were so glad to see the kids again. They had a great time with Grammie and Pop and we couldn't thank them enough for allowing us to do this. I didn't take too many photos, but I'll post them soon. There are some great ones of Brandon getting pulled into a street show at Epcot! It was hilarious!!!

I am so glad y'all got a vacation! Much needed I know!
Cannot wait to see pics!
Caroline Armstrong said...
10:41 AM
Happy anniversary! Has it really been 5 years? I remember that day so well. We are getting old, but I am glad you and B-Dog will always be young at heart and love Disney as much as I do. Miss you.
Lauren W said...
2:32 PM