Yesterday was a wonderful day for us. I had my last MOPS meeting of the year and was looking forward to the fun that was planned for us. I was planning on getting there early and pick up some food along the way, but since my back was still glowing red from our day at the beach (too windy to use spray on sunscreen by myself - lesson learned too late!), I could only wear my strapless bra. I had done most of the laundry, but it wasn't put away yet and I literally tore it all up trying to find it. 45 minutes later I did and we just had to get there without picking up any food. But that was fine b/c there was plenty. We had a great time visiting and laughing with each other and it was sad to say goodbye to those who are moving or "graduating" from the group. They announced what the theme for next year would be and who was on the new steering team and I was so excited to be a part of it. (I'm in charge of Craft Activities) We made our final craft, hot pink koozie (sp?) with the MOPS logo on it and we added black rhinestones and a boa at the bottom. So fun! I picked up the kids and Sophie fell asleep on the way home (12:30). I put her to bed and Christopher and I had lunch then he went down for his nap too. I pulled out the ironing board and went to town. I got everything iron while the kiddos napped until almost 4:00!!!! It was awesome!!!! When they woke up we made Daddy's favorite supper and chocolate cookies and took some cookies to "Miss Tiff" too to congratulate her on finshing her year as MOPS craft leader. (We don't need all of that yummy dough in our house either!) Then after baths we started to sort through the mess of laundry when all of a sudden we heard a whistle and realized daddy was already home! We were so excited b/c we haven't seen much of him in a week and a half. We had a wonderful dinner and finished with cookies then played on the floor until it was time for bed. It was a fabulous day and I'm hoping we have more of them this week!

You're last several posts have made mothering look like so much fun! You have such a great attitude!
JShaffer said...
7:25 PM
HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! Well, thank you!!! It's just happened that is HAS been a lot of fun lately. Not that we haven't had our battles, but we've just had MORE fun than we usually do.
Brittny said...
4:14 PM