The rest of the story

Ok, here's the rest of the photos I wanted to add on here. I haven't posted this many posts in one day (much less one week) ever!!!! I'm going to start with one that makes me laugh. Sophie has figured out how to give a "mean" look. Not sure where she saw this, but she scrunches up her eyebrows and gives an evil eye pretty darn good! This was the first time I caught it on film, but it still doesn't match it in person.


I told you I was sick and the following photos will show you what my house has looked like all week. I didn't care one bit. I will let you know that none of these items are still out. I finally feel well enough to put them all away. So, for all you neat freaks, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Oh and yes, that furniture is s-t-i-l-l sitting out for all to see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be bought and removed by the end of June.





(Next!)

The other day, Tiffany and William came over to play and she said she had bought some bird seed for the kids to make bird feeders and asked if we wanted to come over and craft. I, of course, jumped at the chance and the kids followed. She found huge pinecones down the road from our houses and grabbed the peanut butter and some other supplies. Christopher got frustrated with trying to spread the PB and was more interested in eating it. I had no problem taking over, but let him put the seeds on. I had been wanting to make these, but wasn't sure where to put it b/c I didn't want the critters that would be eating from it to be literally outside my door. We found a tree with branches low enough and proudly hung our lovely creation. Here's Christopher showing it off to Brandon.

The next morning we peek out the window and saw exactly what I was afraid of... a squirrel eating our treasure. Now, we have probably as many, if not more, squirrels than roaches around here and am thinking of starting a petition to allow the "maintaining" of these critters b/c it's so crazy. This particular morning was extremely windy and it was hanging on for dear life. I looked out later and noticed another squirrel was trying to join in on the snacks while two more were circling the tree. We banged on the window to try to scare it, but it couldn't get back up the string due to the insane wind that was blowing. Not too much later all the seed was gone and by that afternoon they realized no more was coming, so they scampered somewhere else. Today I noticed the string was chewed off and the pinecone was no where to be seen.

(Next!)

This is one of the million reasons I love my son, he's so sweet and sensitive (90% of the time!).

He's definitely got game! How do you think his daddy won me over? : )

(Next!)

Here's a peek at the progress of the wildflower seeds we planted a few weeks ago. I knew they wouldn't fill up the entire area b/c the seeds were only $1 and it's probably half dust, but I bought more at Target this week and plan to add to it if needed.


See this???? Look really close at the teeny, tiny green blades poking out....
It's my grass that I planted last week! (the taller ones are the weeds) I know my neighbors still think I'm crazy b/c I've been going outside every day to check and see if anything has happened. I also haven't let the kids go back there since I spread it all out. Honestly, I really didn't think anything would grow. And it hasn't everywhere, but the fact I have little patches like these makes me so happy!
(Next!)
Here is the crafty project I was talking about that I started months ago. Caroline made Christopher's and I made Sophie's to match. I hung them on either side of the mirror in the kids bathroom. I couldn't get a photo of them hanging b/c they face each other, mirror on one wall, pics on side walls.

That's the end. I'm headed to bed now to cuddle with my lil' man. He reminded me that he gets to sleep in our bed with me when Daddy's gone at night. How can you say no? Good night!

3 comments:

Where did Sophie get those curls???

7:31 PM  

From someone else in the family. Aren't they beautiful? I have a little "body" in my hair, but not even considered curls, just really bad and weird waves.

7:58 PM  

Goodness gracious Brittny. You have been a busy gal. You make me think I have been wasting a lot of time and need to get busy doing something, what I don't know, but something. Everything looks great. Can't wait to catch up. Also, gotta love Sophie's mean face. That makes me laugh.

10:14 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.