I have many things to catch up on b/c I've been too busy to post any photos lately. I'm going to spread it out over a couple posts instead of one. With my luck I'd get to the end and it would delete! So, enough said, here goes...
Here's the backyard before I get started on day one. Blah, blah, blah, boring, nasty, gross...
Christopher enjoying the pool in the newly pinestrawed area. I raked the old stuff up and put down that black "sheeting" that blocks the weeds. My biggest goal was to block the dirt (and the weeds) in hopes of keeping the pool clean.
The pool after an hour of being played in. I joined him b/c it was so hot and I was really sweaty, but I'm not about to post those photos! I think my work was definitely a success! Before it only took 2-3 minutes at the most to get the water dirty and yucky.
Here's the other side, my project on day two. I'd run out of black stuff on day one, so I had to wait to go get more before starting the other side of the patio. This area is extremely weedy so I just wanted to make it look nicer by adding pinestraw here as well.
The finished product. I'm very pleased. I know my neighbors thought I was crazy b/c apparently nobody else in the country uses pinestraw in their yards, but I like it. It's cheap and looks nice when taken care of, just like anything else.
I moved two pots from the front of the house to the back of the house and I'm waiting for that budget to get flowers to plant in them. Right now the kids are having fun playing in the dirt left from last year.

B the yard is looking awesome!!!!! You had nothing to do with the way it looked before y'all moved in, but now you are making it look just great! I know you said you had more to do, but even if you had to stop now it looks terrific! Way to go mom! I think that kind of stuff is so fun so hopefully you are able to enjoy doing a little bit!
Caroline Armstrong said...
7:50 AM
Looking good!! And look at Sophie's curls!!
The Howell's said...
2:32 PM