I absolutely L-O-V-E doing anything crafty, but don't always have the chance. I can't really involve my kids b/c Sophie's too young and Christopher won't listen and something always gets dumped, poured, broken or thrown and I end up yelling so I just have to wait until they take a long nap, the laundry is done, the house is clean and dinner is prepared, which you are probably laughing now b/c everyone knows that never happens! But, I'm getting back into it again. Aunt Caroline made the cutest wall art for Christopher's first birthday and I proudly hung it in his bathroom (no room in his room) and when we moved here I wanted to make one to match it for Sophie. I started on it about 10 months ago and just finished it today. When you see it you'll laugh b/c it's so easy, but it just shows you how long it takes me to do easy things with my kids awake. It doesn't happen. I'm so excited b/c I finally got it done and am about to get working on the kids' new step stool Pop made them. I finally painted it and just have to add the little details to make it special. Last night as I was surfing the net, I found this and fell in love. I want to paint it on the empty wall in Sophie's room.
Isn't it so cute???? I already bought some wall stickers that are flowers to put around the bottom. (thank you Dollar Tree!) The kids are both going to mother's day out twice a week starting mid-June and I am so excited b/c I will finally be able to get these things completed. I better run, I haven't washed my hair since Wednesday and we have a "green" birthday party to go to later. I love the idea of regifting instead of buying new. How genius!! I didn't have any gently used toys around that a little girl would want, so I pulled out a princess game I bought for my niece at a consignment shop before Christmas and forgot to wrap. Worked out well b/c she got the same one (brand new) anyway! We made our own card too. I'll definitely have to remember this for next time we have birthdays in our house. I'm out, have a great Saturday!
oooh, please post pictures!!
Jennifer said...
12:33 PM
I want to see pictures too. And I love that wall art you did post, so cute! I still have to decide what to do in Anne Morgan's room
The Howell's said...
2:32 PM
can you pass some craftiness to me..I'm SOOO uncrafty!
Ole Miss Mom said...
6:05 PM