My Mother's Day

Let's see... I was really hoping to have the four of us spend the day together, but Brandon was still at the hospital at 9:30 this morning and when I talked to him then he was so exhausted he could barely speak. Never sat down all night. (Don't you love weekend call???) So, I decided to call my friend Melissa, who's husband was on call today (they always seem to have call the same weekend) and asked if we could join them at the beach. We were both planning to go this morning, but not together. She didn't mind, so we threw on our suits and grabbed our towels and headed out the door. Christopher was really upset that Daddy couldn't join us, and I was too, but I wasn't going to let it get me down. He needed the sleep and if we stayed home he wouldn't get any. We had so much fun digging in the sand and playing in the water and even saw dophins too! I tried all day to get Christopher to say "Happy Mother's Day!", but he refused to do it. We were sitting at the water and he finally caved, but said this, "Happy Mother's Day, whale!" Not something a Mom wants to hear from her child while she's wearing a bathing suit on the beach, but at least he said it. I knew he was talking about the dolphins anyway. Brandon finally got home around 11:00 and as far as I know went straight to bed. He's never pulled a shift this long before and hate that it happened today. Our friend, Tiffany, called me on the way to the beach to see if we wanted to come over for burgers and let the kids swim in the new pool William was getting and have a sort of Mother's Day cookout. I told her we'd be there. So, my day isn't filled with flowers and cards and presents and meals in bed, but I don't have one single complaint about how my weekend has turned out. I've been able to have the most amazing and fun quality time with my kids. I love being a mom!

2 comments:

I love you and I think you are an amazing Mom!!! And if you are a whale then I am not even going to think about the animal I must be. Happy Mother's Day!

7:28 PM  

Girl...we totally knew Christopher was not referring to you as a whale! What an action packed weekend y'all had!

2:04 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.