Ever since Christopher and I had our little discussion about pooping in his underwear and he had his first poopy clean up, I have some good news to share. He has been pooping in the potty! I know about when he's going to go in the morning and yesterday I could tell he was "thinking" and so I asked him if he needed to go. He said nope, but I knew he just didn't want to admit it. I reminded him that if he goes in his pants HE has to clean it up. He immediately said, "I want to go poo poo on the potty Mommy!" Again, the same thing this morning. I'm so excited! Of course I don't want to get too excited and have it backfire, but I know that this is a huge step. I'm going to go ahead and admit it here in words for all to see... I, Brittny, have no problem with any kind of "trick" that may involve getting my child to do what needs to be done. I don't think you should always lie to your child (excludes Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, etc. - please, don't give me your opinions about those things, I'm not changing my mind.) but just fib a little sometimes to save your own sanity. Because, well, we all know that if we can't stay sane, our child just might disappear!

HURAH!!!
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
7:10 PM