Last weekend we went to Montgomery to get away for a few days. Brandon hardly ever leaves base, much less town, so we loaded up Friday night and hit the road. We went to the zoo Saturday morning, napped in the afternoon and grilled steaks for supper. We skipped church Sunday morning b/c I wasn't up for wrestling the kids to get ready for church and then coming home to wrestle the kids to load in the van to go home. It ended up pouring all day, so it would have made everything that much worse had we tried to get out more than once. It was just the weekend we needed and we always love going to see Mimi and Papa John!
The crew walking around at the zoo. The weather was nice. Close to hot, but wasn't hot enough to be miserable.
One of the many amazing animal shots that Brandon took with his new lens. He's having fun playing with it! I'm just glad he finally spent the money he got for graduation on himself. He always wants to spend little, but tends to spend it on us instead of himself. He deserves this!
Me and my lil' man! I love this boy so much and my heart melts every time he wants to hold my hand or cuddle up in my lap. I know those days will soon end and I don't like to think about it.
Little miss priss free from her stroller checking the animals out. I'm not sure if she was more excited to see the animals or point them out to Christopher.
She's definitley Miss Independent! Unlike Christopher, she refuses to hold anyone's hand and wants to do everything by... her...s e l f!! I have a feeling we have a long road ahead of us with this one. But we sure do love her!
After he woke up from his much needed nap, he went to play in the baby pool outside. I don't know two kids that love water more than mine (except maybe my nephew, Hunter). He splashed and splashed and splashed some more.

I remember being at that zoo- during a HORRIBLE RAINSTORM!
Lauren W said...
7:31 PM
Hahahaha!!! That's exactly what we all talked about when we got to one specific area!
Brittny said...
7:59 PM