Home again, home again...

We are back in FL and glad to be here. I have to say that this past week was probably the quickest week of my life! We were gone for 5 days, but it felt like 3 and Christopher actually started to cry as we drove away and Grammie got smaller and smaller. Most of the way home he'd say, "I want to go back to Grammie and Pop's house. I don't want to go home!" It killed me b/c I love being at their house as much as he does. Especially now that the kids are getting older and can do more. I can't say enough about how much fun Sophie is now. She is hilarious!!!! She learned to say Pop and Buff, but still had nothing but fear for the poor old dog. She loved playing in the water and having meals with her buddy, Pop. Christopher went crazy for all the new toys Grammie had bought and wanted to bring all of them home. He jumped and jumped and jumped some more off the dock and swam like a fish. They both rode the lawn mower. We played with some friends at the playground in Wetumpka and had a picnic. We played play dough and swung (is that really a word? it looks funny written out) until we couldn't swing anymore. We watched Pop build a picnic table and a ladder for the dock. And we finished it all out with a baby shower for Aunt Jenny. She looks great and just has a cute 'ol bump out front! Christopher and I are counting down the days for that baby to get here. I just hope she won't notice if we move in with her and Uncle Trey so we can sneak peeks at Anne Morgan whenever we want! It's nice to be home and we are anxious to see Daddy. It's 9:00 in the morning and he still isn't home yet. (Just let the patient go home so you can too!! He/she isn't that sick, right? I'm kidding.) We need to get ready for William's birthday party this morning. We haven't seen them in 2 weeks, so it's going to be a good time! I'm going to also go ahead and tell you that I am busy every day through next Saturday, so if you don't see me on here for a while, that's why. I'm looking forward to helping with VBS again. I haven't done it since college. Our weekends are eaten up with events too. I'll give you a nice big post when I get back though. Here's a bunch of photos to keep you busy. Enjoy!






First day at the lake was spent playing with all the new toys,

and dragging cranes and tractors behind our rides.



Wednesday was spent playing with the Khan boys at the park in Wetumpka,



playing in the pool after naps,


watching Grammie give Buff a bath,


and playing grocery store.


Sophie loves having breakfast with Pop.


Christopher and I watching Pop work on the picnic table.


I found time to craft a little myself. This attempt at hair bows was much more successful.


Grammie pulled out the slip-n-slide,


and the whale pool (she's trying to catch Sophie, not push her), which Christopher wanted to wear the Spiderman floatation suit for.


Breakfast with Pop again and everyone posed nicely.


Christopher finally playing in the lake. He jumped so much it wore us out!


Sophie eating the food I got to share with her. She actually climbed up next to me, reached over and grabbed my plate to put in her lap. Didn't even bother looking at me to see what I was going to eat or think to share with me.


She loved the party!!!! She kept wanting to pass out gifts to everyone.


Sisters and kiddos. Soon, they'll be one more to add to this photo!!


The other craft I made while at the lake was a gift for William. I stole the idea from the one Caroline made for Christopher when I made Sophie's to match. William saw them one day and so it gave me the idea to make one for him. He had a Buzz Lightyear party, that's where the rocket came from.


6 comments:

Fun pictures - looks like it was a Great trip!

I LOVE Sophie's dress at the shower!!

8:21 PM  

Love the pictures Brittny. The kids are getting so big! What a fun age! I understand exactly what you mean about wanting to be closer to family now with the children/grandchildren. I never thought I would want to move back home, but I would move tomorrow if I could. I just want my children to grow up near their grandparents/aunts/uncles/and cousins. I don't know if it will ever happen, but I would go back if I could.

8:45 AM  

Cute! Sophie is so adorable!! I love watching her and Christopher play together. I can't wait for Anne Morgan to play with them too!! Thanks for coming!

10:27 AM  

How much fun y'all had!!!! So many fun new toys Grammie had for y'all to play with!!!!! Never a dull moment I am sure!!!!I cannot believe how old Christopher looks! I sure hope we get to see y'all soon!!!!

9:43 AM  

I seriously think that your parents are the best grandparents ever!

3:52 PM  

(me too!)

4:04 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.