I keep wondering when the sickness in our house will end. It has been almost a week now for Christopher, but he seemed well for 2 days in the middle. then he started up again. Now Sophie has diarrhea. And you can hear it from across the house when it happens. I am so thankful I got a heated steam cleaner for Christmas b/c I have used it more this week than ever! I'm not mad or complaining, just wondering how long can it really last? It's not like they are lying around miserable, they play like normal part of the day, but every now and then Christopher lies on the floor with no energy. I drug the kids to the garden center on base to get more dirt, but that wiped them out completely. At least they are staying hydrated. Not eating much, but you almost don't want to force food in their little tummies. Brandon got some medicine, but we aren't sure how we are going to get them to take it b/c it tastes absolutely horrible!
Speaking of Brandon, poor guy has had to deal with this silly party and the only available person in his class to help him got paged by labor and delivery right as they were walking out the door to take everything! The rest of the class is post call, on call, sick or has company in town (and she's helping as much as she can). The guy just can't catch a break. I think this party doesn't need to happen anyway. You already have one party for the new residents, plus they spend a month just learning about what they are going to be doing the next few years, they have families that are trying to get settled in and then we decide to throw 2 parties at them on top of everything else! This one is supposed to include all the techs, etc. who the doctors work with and Brandon didn't realize that HE was supposed to send out and email to invite them. They have enough food for 150 people and only about 50-60 showing up. Did I mention that he didn't ask to be in charge of this party? He was told he was in charge a month after it was decided. Who did the deciding I don't know, but they need to learn how to ask people of favors instead of telling them later. And by the way, when you put someone in charge of something they've never done before, make sure you give them all the details of what the job requires, don't assume they'll just figure it out. (I will stop here b/c I could go on and on about the bad luck my sweet husband has had.)
I want to end on a good note and tell you that he "graduated" from being an intern and is now a second year resident. I am so proud of him and hate that I had to miss the little ceremony that they had yesterday, but mommy duties were calling and unfortunately they take top priority. I'm so proud of him and can't believe we got one year down! It wasn't nearly as bad as they said it would be. That's not to say we didn't have our bad days, he did more than us, but we survived and they say it only gets better. I love you and I'm so proud of you doc!

Oh Brittney!!! I'm so sorry ... praying this ends soon!!!
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
7:14 PM
I mean Brittny :)
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
7:14 PM