Let's just say that they weren't kidding when they said the first day of VBS is rough. For starters, I had to actually wake my kids up to go! I don't think I've ever woken them up for anything. I wasn't sure what to expect of 3rd graders since I've only been around babies and toddlers the last several years and before that I was in college and around no kids at all (of course that's always debatable, depending on who you're around!). I thought it would be a really nice change to dealing with diapers and potty training. I wasn't so sure when the end of the day finally rolled around. At least with toddlers you can put them in time out. Ok, I'm being harsh. I apologize. The girls were wonderful, the boys quite rowdy. But it was understandable. They are rushed from one thing to the next, first being recreation where they played chase. How can you ask any kid to sit still and listen to a Bible story after doing that? But my leader and my guide called me that night and we came up with a new game plan and I went to bed just after 8:30 last night, partly b/c Brandon made me. He said I was being grumpy and needed to. I didn't argue. Today went as smooth as could be! The kids were much better behaved and we all had a good time. My kids are enjoying it too. I'm glad to be a part of this again and look forward to when my kids can be more active in VBS themselves. It's so fun, what kid wouldn't want to come?

Now you know why I always came home grumpy after "Chain Reaction" and my armory classes. They wear you out!! I'm proud of you for teaching though. It's not like you don't have anything else going on. :-)
Lauren W said...
7:19 PM