That's the number we ended the day with. On Tuesday, we came back up to the lake to hang out with family and when we arrived, the number of dogs and people totaled 23. Mom and Dad were so wonderful to let Jennifer, Caroline and I come to the lake with all the kids and the dogs to hang out for a few days. We have had more fun and laughs than should be allowed and I don't even know how many photos to prove it! Sadly, the husbands couldn't join us due to work. It always seems to get in the way for those poor guys! My kiddos have a week off between summer and fall Mother's Day Out so we wanted to use it to the best of our abilities. Once next week starts we'll be busier with MDO and MOPS in our schedule that taking time off for getaways won't happen as often. Today, Caroline and her 2 boys and 2 dogs had to head back to Nashville and Jennifer went back to Auburn with Anne Morgan and their 2 dogs in tow. It's definitely quieter around here, but sad b/c our time together seemed way too short. But thankfully Melissa, Nicholas and Joshua are headed up tomorrow morning to hang out for a while. I hope the weather behaves and the kids are beautiful. Or is it the other way around? I'll let you know later! Here's a sample of the fun that's been had (in no particular order). I'll be back later with more, but some brownies and ice cream are calling my name before I fall into bed. Good night!
4
comments:
Looks like you guys had a stinkin' awesome time without me. I wish I could have been there. Love you all, see you soon. -Daddy
if my dad could spit her out then i would swear he did. BUT he looks like my dad now, not when he was little. he was the skinniest little been pole you'd ever seen!
The wife and mother of this lovely bunch you will read about. I love them with all my heart and thank God for every day that He gives us together. Even the rough ones, because those are the ones that make the good days oh so sweet!
Because of Isaac is a wonderful ministry started by some dear friends of ours. Their goal is to help couples financially meet their goal of adopting a child. Please pray and see if this is a ministry that God is calling you to help with, I know you will be blessed!!
Looks like you guys had a stinkin' awesome time without me. I wish I could have been there.
Love you all, see you soon.
-Daddy
Bchemphill said...
7:56 PM
Family time is the best! Looks like a blast. I can't wait to move closer to Elliot and her kids.
Erin said...
3:13 PM
Those cousins are going to be so close. I love it, Brit. And do you think that Sophie looks just like your Dad or is it just me?
Lauren W said...
10:16 PM
if my dad could spit her out then i would swear he did. BUT he looks like my dad now, not when he was little. he was the skinniest little been pole you'd ever seen!
Brittny said...
11:34 AM