I didn't even realize it until this morning, but we are halfway through the "terrible" rotation that I talked about a few weeks ago. It's 4 weeks of Brandon working in Pensacola followed by 2 weeks of OB nights. The best part of these rotations being back to back is we will get it over with. And the second best part is we will be able to get new tires for Brandon's car with the money he gets paid for doing the rotation in Pensacola. I was not happy about this schedule, but only b/c I found out about it the day before it happened. It meant 6 weeks of not having him home for dinner and bedtime activities. The first week was hard and about halfway through the second week we started getting in our groove. Not thinking about how long we have left has definitely helped b/c I don't dwell on it and make myself and the kids miserable. Plus I hate the fact that he has an hour drive home from work at 11:30 at night. Who wants to do that after pulling a 12 hour shift? Not me! So really, I think Brandon has it worse than we do. Now, OB night will be harder in my opinion b/c he has to sleep ALL day instead of just sleeping in. Which means the kids and I have to leave and that gets expensive. Thank goodness for Mother's Day Out. Lastly, it could not have been timed better b/c our neighbor that I hang out with all the time, Tiffany, doesn't have her husband around for 6 weeks either and we can hang out for supper and run errands together. It definitely helps the day go faster for both of us! I'm going to run, we are going to have pizza with our dad-less friends tonight! Oh, did I mention that I get to spend the night away from home tomorrow night? We have our MOPS retreat and they got a room for us so we can hang out all night! Tiff and I are pumped!

Somehow I've missed where you are living now. I thought it was B'ham but obviously not since Pensacola is only an hour away. I love you're blog and now am an official "follower" :)
Jodie said...
1:15 PM
we were in b'ham for 2 years, huntsville for 2 years and now at eglin afb, have been here 1 year, we have 2 more here and then move again.
Camp Wag A Tail said...
7:44 AM