Yesterday after church Christopher was playing with his trucks and started to say something we'd never heard him say before, "it's good and right!" Brandon and I turned and looked to him and asked what he was talking about. He said it's what Ms. Karen told him. We asked him to say it again, we were curious b/c he said it in a funny voice. He went back to playing and then we heard the whole thing, "Do what the Lord says. It's good and right!" It was so cute! He says it so casually and firm at the same time. We were thrilled that he'd learned his first Bible verse. He walked around all day saying this with face focused and truck in hand.

Lately I've been trying to talk to Christopher about God more and typically ask him about what he learned in S.S. and Mother's Day Out while we are winding down for the night. They've been talking about Daniel and his friends, I won't even try to spell their names, and the story about food they refused to eat and the story about the lion's den. Last night I asked him what he learned about in S.S. that morning and he said, "God." I said, "What else did Ms. Karen talk about?" to which he replied, "Daniel and Jesus." I said, "What did Daniel and Jesus do?" He adorably replied, "Took Daniel's friends to see The Lion King." Sounds like fun!

Then I forgot to pray with him, so he came and got me so we could do this together. I've been trying to ask him what he wants to thank God for to get him to start thinking about it instead of me just telling him all the time. Usually it's whatever he sees from his bed, like his fan or the door or the planes hanging in his room, but last night he had a long list that he told me without stopping. Here's how it went... Me: "What would you like to thank God for?" Christopher: "Grammie, Pop, Papa John, Daddy, Sophie, Hunty, Drakey and the lawn mower at the lake." The boy knows what he likes and the list changed every day. And to those of you who didn't get mentioned, please do not feel bad b/c if you notice, I didn't make the list either.

1 comments:

Cute. I love when they tell us what they learned in their own words and to hear them sing about Jesus is precious. Nicholas told the teachers on Sunday that he prays for a track for Thomas. Great....she did say others said things like pizza, a doll, etc. so I didn't feel that bad.

7:00 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.