I'm not a huge news person, but I do like to turn on Good Morning America in the mornings (thanks Aunt Mel for the intro) to hear if anything important has happened since the day before. I don't always get to "watch" it, but it's just nice to hear adult voices.
This past Monday I turned it on and heard the sad news that Diane Sawyer was leaving at the end of the week and moving to another part of ABC news. One of the things I loved the most was hearing her and Robyn and their sweet voices in the morning. They always seemed to be so happy and truly care about what they were talking about, even if I didn't.
Then, another shocker... Chris Cuomo was leaving too! I think that he's adorable and I'm sad I won't get to hear him teasing his co-workers in the morning. It seemed like such a fun group of people to be around. He's going to be doing news still, but kind of all over the place and mostly with 20/20.
I recorded Friday's show so I could watch it on my own time and say goodbye. I did catch one part and I had to share the quote with you. I think Diane had said it earlier in the show and quoted it wrong so she was correcting herself. I think it's from Dr. Seuss? "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I absolutely love that! I've always been a little slow when it comes to goodbyes b/c it just doesn't sink in for me for a while that it's really "goodbye" and not "see you later".
I just finished reading a Christmas book (The Christmas Blessing) last night and it's the sequel to The Christmas Shoes. I had a lump in my throat reading the last 20 pages, but I'm so glad I did. If you want a super quick read, I highly suggest this one. The quote from above just kept going through my head the whole time I was reading it. It's a beautiful way to look at life too. Having lost a loved one several years ago, I know how tough it can be, but being a Christian gives you such peace about it. That's not to say there aren't tears to be shed, but I find joy in knowing I will get to spend eternity with that person in heaven.
So, on that note. I don't mean to be a downer for the day, but hopefully help give you a new way to look at things. I don't really like goodbyes b/c I prefer to think that I will always see you later!

Until we cancelled our cable, I watched GMA every morning -- at least a bit. I too enjoyed Diane and Robyn. With you there!
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
8:55 PM
Think I'll read that book and I probably will have a lump in my throat with tears on my face! Your children are at a great age this year for Christmas- I know they are getting excited.
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
9:28 PM