thanksgiving photos

It has taken me over an hour to get these photos on here b/c I could only add them 3 at a time instead of 5, so forgive me if they aren't great and I sound a little annoyed. We had a really fun Thanksgiving at my parents' house and the cousins had a ball playing together. It went just like I pictured, lots of laughs, a couple tears, tons of playing, hardly any naps and a heap of fun! Check out my sis-in-law's photos for more.

No, we weren't celebrating Mardi Gras, the boys found some of the dress up clothes for Sophie and thought it would be funny if they put it on. (Caroline and I are thinking black mail or rehearsal dinner photos.) We aren't exactly sure where or who came up with the idea, but the necklaces turned them into cowboys. They would put it over one shoulder and wear them sideways (like Drake below). I told them it was the bullets they wore in the old west. And no, the heels were not allowed again. Although I wish terribly that I had a photo of my brother's face when Hunter came out wearing Grammie's little kitten heels. Priceless!


Sophie going for one of the many, many rides on our old horse. It's probably about 30 years old and makes funny noises thanks to the stuff my mom said we stuck in there after removing the handle as kids. It was quite the hit with the grandkids.



These photos are for my sister. Anne Morgan made several appearances that day and I think I held her the most when they made it to the lake. I love how still and content she is. My kids wanted to go or scream all the time, so I'm making up for it now with her.




An attempt to have all the great-grandkids together with their "Great." We had several people clicking away, but not sure anyone had a good shot.




The turkey was inspired from a mom at MOPS. She said they mail a feather to all the members of their family and have them mail them back with what they are thankful for written on it. Then they stick them on a turkey and the kids love to watch the number of feathers grow. I think it's something we'll have to keep doing. It was fun!


Later that night we wanted to get all the grandkids with Grammie and Pop. I love how nobody is looking. I really do! We don't pose well in our family. You gotta catch up live.


My two superheros after finding the wood to make their reindeer.



Working on it in Pop's shop. I was so proud of them! I love being in here. Reminds me of when I was a kid. My favorite place: the wood aisle in Lowe's/Home Depot. They need to make a scented candle for that!



Sophie and Drake going for a ride surrounded by the dogs. These two are so cute together!!!! So happy and just love to be together.


Grammie and Sophie, two of my favorite people. I love them dearly!


Here's another one. He's just glad he finally found one of Pop's Snickers in the freezer.


Christopher loving on his reindeer. I can't figure out what his name is though. He likes to make up words and we are trying to break that habit, so right now it's nameless.

Christopher showing Drake the tail he got to add to it.


I think Hunter was napping, but these three had fun playing in the big sand pile together.



We may love our heels, but there's nothing like playing in the dirt with a truck for this little girl.


Heaven. That's all I can say for this one.



Saturday we went into town to see Mimi and Papa John. Mimi and I went to some stores and the men took the kids to see the big trucks in the field down the street. I think the climbed on all of them. Papa John just loves his little girls! (Sophie's one of four!)




1 comments:

Love ALL of the pictures! that is so cute how Christopher wanted to build a reindeer, reminds me of when I asked for some for Christmas! Random!!

10:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.