Super Saturday

Yesterday was a much needed, great family day. Brandon stayed home and got to sleep in instead of going down to Orlando for the Niceville (state championship) football game. The kids and I were really glad he stayed here with us. We loaded everyone in the van once he woke up and headed to Destin to run some errands. I had a couple stores to return things to and it was nice to have him along to stay in the car with the kids while I did that. We went to Destin Commons and let them play for a little while and then drove thru Sonic for lunch.


When we got home, the kids and I took Brick for a waaaaaay over due walk while Brandon went to a neighbor's to watch the game on tv. (They lost, but had an amazing season.) Sophie took a nap and Christopher tried to help me make some ornaments, but he was more annoying, so I sent him to his room to play. When everyone was up and home we played outside for a while and gave Brick a bath.

We ate supper early and then headed over to the Niceville library area to look at Christmas lights. Brick even joined us and he loved it. It was great! There were only 1 or 2 other families there and we got to see Santa and Mrs. Claus, who gave each kid a teddy bear and a bag of candy! When we got home, we put on our pj's, put the kids to bed and Brandon and I curled up in our bed to watch a movie. We love doing this, but never get the chance. We both said before falling asleep what a great day it was.

I wish that I'd had my camera, but sometimes I just want to remember the moments instead of trying to capture them. Hope you all have a great weekend too! Tomorrow the kids and I are headed to AL to start celebrating Christmas and we can't wait!!

2 comments:

Maybe maybe maybe maybe we'll be in 'Bama at the same time? I will be there the 23rd through January 1st. Maybe?

8:52 AM  

I am so glad to be back in blogging land!!!! I hope y'all have so much fun in AL...and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Christopher and Sophie at the top! It shows off their BEAUTIFUL eyes!

8:19 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.