Traveling elves

We have been at my parents' house since Monday and it has been fun seeing them and having some Christmas time with them. Yesterday Jennifer and Anne Morgan came over and we opened our presents to each other. It was great b/c it wasn't chaotic like Christmas Day can often be and the kids would sit and play with what they got before opening another gift. It was sweet b/c it was just a few of us sharing with each other. Don't get me wrong, I find the chaos of wrapping paper flying, shrieks of joy and "thank you's" being shouted fun to be around, but it has been a bit overwhelming for the kids to have so much going on at once. I like the idea of spreading out the love a little. (I have tons of photos, but will had later.)


Today we are going to stay with Brandon's parents and will await the arrival of Brandon tomorrow night and then his sister's family on Christmas Day. I'm really looking forward to today b/c we have decided as a family to sponsor a family in need and we are taking the mom shopping for their Christmas gifts. I hope that I will be totally and completely humbled by this experience. I'll admit, it's a little scary to put yourself in a situation that can maybe feel a little uncomfortable, but we need to do that. If God wanted us to be comfortable all the time we'd never learn anything He wanted to teach us.

I pray that all of you have a wonderful Christmas and are safe in your travels and full of love when it's all done! Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.