Well, I don't really have much to say, I just feel like I haven't been on here in forever and should say something. The weekend was kind of a blur since I was under the weather and I was so thankful that Brandon was off the whole time and could take over everything. I'm feeling much better now, but just a little slow going. Last Thursday we had a little visitor come and stay with us in the afternoon and I so wish that I had a recorder so everyone could hear the conversations that he and Christopher had. They were adorable! And when his dad came to pick him up I begged him to let him come back again. I haven't seen Christopher play with anyone like these two played and talk about the things they talked about. They played trains and built a track that they were extremely proud of, on the floor. They played outside in the dirt and of course had imaginary things or people that joined them. They dressed up like firemans (I was corrected when called them firemen). They ate popcorn and watched Christopher's recycling and truck movie. But I think that my absolute, most favorite thing that happened was when I wasn't in the room... all I heard was something like this:
Christopher: "I want to touch your hair. What does it feel like?"
Braden: "Ok."
Christopher: "Your hair feels funny."
Braden: "No it doesn't."
Christopher: "It feels bumpy."
Braden: "Yours doesn't. It feels flat."
See, Braden is one of the most adorable 3 year old black boys you will EVER meet and he is the first black boy that Christopher has ever played with. We just haven't met anyone his age yet and this precious child is the youngest son of a fellow resident of Brandon's. He has and older sister and two older brothers, one of which you will be watching for soon if you follow college football. He signed as a junior if that tells you anything about how good he is. He also happens to be a Godly high school student, which in case you were wondering, is a rarity in high school sports stars. The whole family is an absolute joy to be around and you will come home with the most well toned abs after seeing them b/c they will all have you in stitches!





Hope you are having a great start to your week and getting your Christmas under control. Happy holidays!
I LOVED the conversation about hair! LOL!
Your new header is adorable! =)
Joia said...
11:53 AM
That's so cute. And I love the new picture...and I added the same background the other day! So I guess I like that too! haha! I still can't get a picture to show up in my header though
The Howell's said...
1:53 PM