This morning, Brandon let me sleep in and suddenly Christopher comes running into our room telling me to wake up. I get out of bed and find out I've missed out on all the excitement. Brandon tells Christopher to tell me what they found this morning and he says, "Frog!!" I asked where he found it and he said, while pointing, "In toilet!" I look at Brandon and he said that they went in there this morning to go to the bathroom and when he opened the lid they found a huge frog sitting inside the toilet.
Here's the conversation Brandon said went on between he and Christopher about what to do:
Brandon: "What do you want to do with the frog?"
Christopher: "Flush him down."
(They attempt to flush him, but the frog refuses to go down and stays in the toilet fighting to get out.)
Brandon: "Oh no, he stayed."
Christopher: "Catch him Daddy! Dump him out."
Brandon: "You want me to catch the frog?"
Christopher: "Uh huh. Dump him out... in a tree... he make a nest in tree."
(I explained that was what the spectacaled bears do in Diego. But when they are retelling me this
story his answer was not to put it in a tree but to, "Kill it!")
Brandon: "Ok, what's his name?"
Christopher: "Pluto." (this is his name for any pet)
Brandon went and got a grocery sack and picked up the frog (after taking photos first) and they take it outside and set it on the ground and here's that conversation:
Christopher: "Daddy, he's looking at me." (sounding scared)
Brandon: "The frog's looking at you?"
Christopher: "Uh, huh. He's waving at me."
Brandon: "Ok."
Christopher: "I want to dig with crocadilly." (he's picked up a shovel by now and thinks it's a crocodile.)
Brandon: "It's a frog, Christopher."
Christopher: "Oh."

I would've freaked out to find a frog in the toilet!! Y'all handled it MUCH better than I would've...and probably Johnny too -- right now he even gets freaked out at specks on the carpet, telling me that they are "Buhs!" and stomping on them!
btw, Johnny has those same p.j.'s. :)
Jennifer said...
11:03 PM
Wow! that toilet is sparkling clean... Way to go Clorox Wand!
Unknown said...
3:14 PM