Today we ran to the commissary to pick up a few things we were out of and I guess God saw that it was my turn to be "that Mom" in the grocery store. I figure we all have to be "her" at some point. Christopher is standing up and reaching for everything saying we needed it. I'm going down the baby aisle to try to find diapers in his size and he grabs a bag putting in the cart. I'm a few feet away looking at a new one and tell him we don't need it and it's not even his size. So, he just picks it up and throws it on the floor. I'm still trying to look at the new diapers I'd just picked up and so I will get to it in a second. An old woman (yes, she deserves to be called "old") is walking by and gives me this look while picking up the diapers my son just threw down b/c apparently I'm too lazy to do it myself. Not an emergency in my opinion, but in hers I'm a bad mother. You can see it in her eyes. I finally grab the usual diapers and keep going. I get to the baby food to grab a little more for Sophie since we are headed out of town this weekend. And Christopher, again, says we needed the one he was reaching for and as soon as the words "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" come out of my mouth, the glass jar of baby food in his hand, the bottom one mind you, knocks the top one crashing to the floor. Baby food everywhere and another old couple walks by giving me a bad look. I'm not sure what was going on today b/c usually we can't get through the store without at least one or two sweet, sweet senior citizens stopping to gush over how adorable my children are, stopping every time we pass each other. And I love them for it! But today they were not so sweet. Finally after using the last of my baby wipes to try to clean up the mess a man says he'll get someone to come clean it up for me. Minutes later I hear, "Clean up on aisle 10!" Now I can say that I've joined the grocery store division of the "that Mom" club.

That's funny Brittny. Glad you made it out of there in one piece (and the kids too).
The Khans said...
10:02 AM
Oh no. Was it sweet potatos? Because if so, they will have an orange stained aisle for awhile.
Lauren W said...
3:17 PM
dont you love those looks...and comments! it's amazing to me what people will say! i'm sure you were doing a fabulous job despite the mess on aisle 10!!! hope yall have fun at disney!
Anna said...
11:17 AM