"Norah's" Ark

Ok, I'm not sure what kind of message God is trying to send with all the storms that keep coming up (other than the fact we are completely safe every time one hits), but I'm starting to get curious. First of all, the other night everyone had gone to bed, but I wasn't tired and so I decided to go back into the den to watch television so Brandon could go to sleep. I walk into the room, turn around and see a lizard sitting on the arm of our couch. It took all I had in me to not scream at the top of my lungs in horror and wake everyone up. It wasn't your typical green lizard, it was clear. It was small and clear and disgusting!!!! I've never been one that was ok with seeing bugs crawling around or anything that wasn't a dog or larger, but this beats a roach to me. I started freaking b/c I had no idea how I was going to get this thing off the couch and outside. I called my friend Kara and she said she'd stay on the phone with me until I got it taken care of and she's a great friend b/c she didn't laugh at the fact I had to call someone to get rid of something so small. Thankfully Brandon came out b/c he thought one of the kids was crying (no, it wasn't me) and he got rid of it.

Then tonight, while I was in the shower, he came back to inform me that a tree frog was sleeping on our couch. Now, if I believed in fairytales I would think he was waiting for a kiss from Sophie to turn into her prince, but I don't, and she's only 7 months old, so it had to be another reason. I just start laughing and realize that I am officially living in Florida. Roaches, lizards, crabs, frogs, snakes and you name it are all around me. And I hate them all! Ok, some frogs are cute and crabs are fun to watch in the sand, but they are meant to live OUTside, not on my couch! Let's just hope God isn't sending me a sign and that I should start building an ark anytime soon. Although I wouldn't have any trouble getting Christopher to help, he loves to hammer!

1 comments:

I have had Very similar experiences with geckos (they're the clear ones) in our house, and it always freaks me out! Philip is really good at trapping them in containers and then letting them go outside, but they're so fast, I'm always afraid I'll Lose it in the house before I catch it...and then never know where it went! Yuck!

7:54 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.