Wild and crazy week

I feel like there are so many thing to write about since the last time I was on here. Let's see, our little trip to the lab last Monday turned out to be nothing, so that was good. Then Tuesday I went to my first ever MOPS meeting at the church we've been attending and the kids did great in the nursery. Not that they have a hard time going there, but I wasn't sure how Sophie would handle being with strangers for that long. I laughed when I picked her up and they said she wanted everyone's bottle after finishing hers. That didn't surprise me. Wednesday - Christopher went to his first Wiggles & Giggles class at the church. He's pretty shy when he's put into group settings, so we just kind of walked around trying different things, but he warmed up when it was time to climb on the mats and jump off or run laps around the gym. Sophie, on the other hand, is going to be our little social bug b/c she was into everything and didn't care that it wasn't her class. She climbed onto the big parachute with all the other 2-3 year olds and then crawled under it. Christopher just stayed next to me and helped move the parachute up and down with the other parents. But he still had fun. Thursday - is our playgroup day, but this time we didn't meet in the morning b/c we were going to go see Sesame Street at the base theatre that afternoon and we needed to do early naps. It was a free event that was put on by USO and was awesome!! They gave each kid a free dvd of their choice, a light-up spinning Elmo toy (you'd pay $15 for one anywhere else!) and a piece of candy. They had lots of information for the parents about how to handle loved ones being deployed, the theme of the event. We got there early to get a seat and it was a good thing. The kids had a blast! It was very cute and lots of fun. We ended up having a reporter for the base paper sit next to us and Christopher kept pointing Elmo out to her. She thought he was funny and got our names and asked a few questions and tried to take photos, but Christopher would never look at the camera. I keep grabbing papers to see if we made it or not. I'll let you know if we do. Friday - Christopher goes to Mother's Day Out at our church and I spent the whole time running errands and made it back just in time to pick him up. He'd had a bit of a rough day and later found out he's cutting some teeth. Not fun b/c I think Sophie is cutting more as well. Saturday - Brandon is on call and my friend Rebecca is in town with her husband and new baby girl, so we meet them in Destin for lunch. It was great to finally meet Leighton and get to see Rich and Rebecca again. The kids did great at lunch and let me visit and do a little shopping too. Sunday - I wasn't up for trying to do the whole getting ready for church alone thing, so we went to hang out with our friends, Melissa, Landon and Kylan, who's husband/dad was taking over for Brandon at the hospital. I told Melissa about the great sales and we decided to load the kids up in the van and head back to Destin to shop some more. We had a lot of fun and were able to get some cute things for the kids. We picked up lunch on the way home and then hung out with Brandon after he woke up from his nap. It was a very busy week and I think it was more than Christopher was ready to handle, so I'm going to try to spend more time with him one on one to help him ease into our new schedule. I thought it was a great week and I think the kids did too. I'm going to bed now. I'll be back later with more updates and photos.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.