Saturday morning adventures

There are yard sales here on base it seems like every Saturday morning, but we've never driven around to see what they are selling. This morning we decided to check them out. We told Christopher we needed to get some money and that we were going on an adventure to see what we can find. We loaded up in the van and took off. Christopher kept asking us, "What my doing?" and when we'd ask him he'd say, "Go on adventure!!" We drove past one, but it didn't look like they had much, so we kept going. We saw another house, but figured they were moving in/out and went past it as well. Then we saw a sign and realized the house we thought was moving was actually a big yard sale. So we go back and check it out. She had a lot of stuff and several great mirrors, but I didn't have a single place to put any of them in our house. (She didn't either and that's why she was selling everything.) She did, however, have 2 fake trees that were just what I'd been looking for. I've been trying to fix the house up a little more and the den just needed something else. I asked how much for a tree and when she said $10 I chased Brandon down and bought it. Then we drove around some more and couldn't find anything. Christopher started asking where the adventure went and so we decided to go back to the first one we saw and see what was left. They had a few things for kids left and when they came out they told us to just take everything for free. We took the two games they had, Hungry Hippo and Don't Break the Ice and paid them $2 for both. We didn't want Christopher to think he could get things for free so we made him pay the man. So we were very happy with our little adventure this morning and I think we might go on more of these in the future!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.