Best purchase..... ever!

Dora The Explorer Soft Potty Trainer Seat
I think that this little potty seat is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I am so serious about this. Potty training Christopher wasn't so bad. Then he went backwards. We tried it again. It was good the second time. Went backwards. The third time I was determined this was the last time whether he liked it or not.

I remember the day everything clicked. Brandon was working late or on call. Either way, he was not home and hadn't been very much that week. Not his fault. (I make sure to never blame his job for anything that goes wrong at home.) I was fixing dinner and Christopher had pooped in his pants for the umpteenth (haha! spell check didn't highlight that!) time and I'd had enough of it. I got on to him and then God felt pity on me, gave me a revelation and I asked Christopher, "Do you poop in your pants b/c you know mommy will clean it up?" He looked at me and was as sure as he could be when he said, "Yeah." I told him that I wasn't going to do that anymore and he was going to have to find a way to take care of it himself. It did the trick. He only had one more accident after that.

Now, fast forward to today. Sophie was interested in potty training while we were going through all of this with her brother and we'd throw her on the potty b/c well, we figured, why not? Someone's getting potty trained, might as well be the one year old. Eventually she got bored and we didn't care. Once she turned two I was ready to go again. We'd ask if she wanted to try and she was excited to join the rest of us up on the mighty throne. Not much ever happened. Until recently. She's been going at least once a day, sometimes more.

The one problem I had was that the potty I bought for Christopher was stained in places that wouldn't clean. Even if you soaked it in bleach. I tried. Numerous times. I was grossed out and so yesterday I decided we needed a new one. Sophie loves Dora and so I found this at Target. She was so excited when I showed it to her. I think she has spent about her of her time awake sitting on this thing. She has had potty success every time too! I was going to wait until the summer to deal with this, but like they say, you never stop a child who's willing to go on a potty.

And for those of you with a boy who's being potty trained, make sure they never pee into a fan either! Not pretty.

5 comments:

He peed into a fan???? WHAT?

6:33 PM  

Go Sophie!!!

8:43 PM  

9:04 PM  

Ill have to try this! Simms loves Dora too! Just found out the program she's starting in august requires her to be fully trained so I guess I'm in more of a hurry than I realized! At least she's been showing some interest though!

10:04 AM  

I had no idea he peed into a fan either!!! that is hysterical (though I am sure not so funny for you). Maybe Sophie can give Drake a few potty lessons in April. He likes to sit on the potty upon occasion, but like to go in his diaper so much more!
On another note, LOVE the new picture on the blog...so sweet!!!!! AND I know what you mean about being able to enjoy AM. It was hard for me to enjoy any baby, including my own up until about a year ago. I am so happy to be able to play with a baby now that I do not have one the same age or close to it!!!
Okay, rambling now, y'all have a blast at the lake...and we cannot wait to see you in a month!!!! xoxo

10:08 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.