We woke up this morning to the wood chipper outside our house. The kids have been camped out on the back of the couch watching the "worker mans" (as Christopher calls them)every move and giving me constant updates. They knocked on our door to ask if it was ok that they cut down a few of our trees. I didn't care b/c one is a huge bush that I can't trim the top of and is a pain to cut the "grass" underneath it, so I told them to have at it. They also asked if we could move Brandon's car b/c they wanted to chop down the tree that hung over it. I told him the battery was dead and that was why it was sitting there. I figured out how to get it into neutral and they pushed me way up the hill. Only problem was, the steering wheel locked on me so I could only go straight. There was a skinny little tree that we had to pass and I was so scared it would scratch along the car, but it didn't. I told the guys that when I got out and they thought that I was just trying to see how close I could get to that tree without hitting it. I smiled on the inside b/c they thought I was daring! I'm not the least bit daring! Well, Sophie is trying to climb up in my lap now, as she always does when I sit at this computer and once she succeeds, I can no longer type, so I'm going to go!

I love that you're getting updates. Awesome.
starnes family said...
11:50 AM
Guess what? You should have been here in KC right now. :-( :-( :-(
Lauren W said...
8:59 PM
i know. actually, brandon's leave is next week, not this week. still would have overlapped with your parents. we'll make it one day!
Brittny said...
7:44 AM