I never thought I would write anything on my blog about this, but I just needed to share something with all of you. I tell everyone all the time that I'm an open book and will talk about anything and everything with anyone and everyone. I try to be really careful on here b/c I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer," but I really wanted you guys to read this article someone wrote.
18 years ago my family lost my older brother in a tragic accident. I find it a little ironic b/c I now live in the area where the accident happened and swore I never would live at the beach! God has bigger and better plans than we do though. I have made amazing friends here, found an amazing church and have found beauty in a place I never thought I would again. My sister just emailed me an article that the Montgomery Advertiser wrote about the affect my brother's death is still having on the community. It's amazing! Please read it. I never thought that God would use my brother's death to do so much. I'm proud! I miss him all the time and wonder what it would be like to have him here. I really don't understand it, but I truly felt like God was preparing me for that part of my life b/c for some reason I could never picture my brother grown up and with a family or where he'd go to college. I can't explain it other than maybe it was b/c he was known as being a class clown and never talked about girls. He kept everything to himself. He was very humble.
My brother Jason was an amazingly gifted athlete, artist, musician, comic, dancer (my family never saw his moves, but they were famous among his friends!) and friend to everyone he met. He was quiet, spoke volumes in his actions. Some of the stories I never heard until after he died. He would do things for people when they weren't able without thinking twice about it. It brings tears to my eyes when I look at my own son's hands. They have the same finger nails. Funny thought, I know! I can't wait to see him in Heaven one day. I know he's the one running circles around everyone up there wondering when the next race is. He's got everyone doubled over laughing with his crazy sense of humor. I miss him and can't wait to hear about all that he's been up to when I see him again.

Did I miss the link to the article? I'd Love to read it!
Joia said...
5:29 PM
I miss him so much! And I think about him all of the time. It took me a long time to be able to enjoy the beach too, I never thought I would want to go down there, much less be able to enjoy it again. Love you!
The Howell's said...
7:22 PM
I'm so glad that God is still using Jason and your family to reach so many kids! Praying for you and love you!
The Scott family said...
7:39 PM
There's a link early on Joia. Wow brittny. Thanks for sharing. It is so amazing and so true what the Lord says: "All things will work toward good ..." He does use it all for His glory.
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
7:50 PM
Brittny,
I remember it all like it was yesterday. Jason would be so proud of you - for the wife and mother you have become. We rejoice knowing that Jason's memory lives on and that we WILL see him again one day. Thank you for sharing your heart and being so vulnerable.
Erin said...
9:46 PM
What a great article. I think we all have cntinued thoughts on Jason, Warren, Craig Hill, etc. What an amazing testimony for your family and the many many many children being given the opportunity to know Jesus! Love you
The Rouse Family said...
7:49 AM
What a great way to honor your brother. Thanks for sharing this with us.
starnes family said...
9:04 AM
What a beautiful post. I know you might think this is strange, but I think about him and your family and his accident often. It had a huge impact on me and I'm so glad you wrote this. I remember my mom telling me that they knew your parents when they lived in Bham when Jason and Allison were babies and she could just see your mom pushing this beautiful little boy in the swing and she was such a happy new mom.( I guess they were at the park) and I thought about that alot after I had Will. We will never know why, but like you said, everyone in Heaven is enjoying him thoroughly!
Christine said...
10:13 PM