books and bad words

First, I traded my first book today! I posted them two days ago and already had an interest. I just printed out the two pages and wrapped it up to go. If your books weigh less than 13 ounces (which most paperbacks do) you can mail it from your house! How awesome is that? I don't have a typical mailbox, just a slot for outgoing mail, so I'll have to swing by a blue mailbox. But as long as I don't have to enter a post office with my two kids I'm good.

Second, my kids have said some funny/not so funny things the last two days. Depending on your sense of humor. We borrowed Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs from our neighbor and the main character's name is Flint Lockwood. Sophie tries to repeat things that she hears and tried to repeat his name one day. Didn't come out right. Comes out more like, "Sh*t wood." Not sure how she came up with that one, but she still gets some of her letters mixed up.

Then last night I was putting Christopher to bed and we had all been naming words that rhyme. Don't ask me why, but I said, "What word rhymes with corn?" He thought for about 3 seconds then said, "Porn!" I did my best not to laugh, told him that wasn't a word and he couldn't make up words to rhyme. They have to be real ones. We have absolutely no clue where the kids got these words from b/c I can honestly say that they are not said in this house. But we still laughed about it when we went to bed last night!

3 comments:

Ha ha ha! What are you teaching your children?!?!? Made me laugh!

9:58 PM  

Awesome. Makes my post from yesterday seem a little more innocent.....even though my daughter said hers intentionally......scratch that. I AM a terrible mother.

7:38 AM  

Please tell your daughter that she is hysterical and tell your son that is cannot watch any more late night TV. :-)

9:39 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.