I mentioned on here before about how I've started on Karen Kingsbury books after Christmas and well, I just can't seem to put them down. A friend's daughter passed along about 20 of her books and I've been going through them very quickly. I'm on my 14th book now. They are that good! Thankfully Karen produces what seems like several books a year and since I just found her I have a whole lot of reading ahead of me. Yeah!
Now, here's why I even started this post. If you are like my husband and I you have tons of books out on shelves or stored away. I looked into selling them on Amazon.com, but got so confused on how to do it that I quit and figured I'd just keep the huge stacks of books and have someone else deal with them when I die. Until today. I was reading through my Parents magazine this morning and there was an article on saving money. One of the things that caught my attention was the mention of two websites that allow you to swap books with other readers instead of buying new ones. I looked into both of them and only one of them had lots of Karen's books. The other site had 1 little book. The site I liked is called PaperBackSwap.com and I think I'm really going to love it. I signed up, it's free, and added 10 of my own books I've had stacked up in my nightstand to my list and I'm ready to go!
Here's how it works, you create a list of books that you are willing to get rid of and they send you an email when someone is interested. You just print out two pieces of paper and wrap your book in them. They have all the info on it and you don't have to do anything. If the book is small enough you don't even have to take it to the post office! You pay to have it shipped to them, but that doesn't matter b/c when you pick a book for yourself you don't have to pay anything! You get "points" for each book you "sell" and use them to "buy" books for yourself. Great, huh? The books you get are yours to keep for as long or little as you like. Resell it or keep it forever.
I'm very excited about this new little treasure I've found. Oh, and did I mention that they also have sites for trading cd's and dvd's? Yup! How awesome is that?

Thank you so much for sharing that. We are on a book budget now because I buy them and then finish in two days. it's not worth it. I am checking out that site right now.
Lauren W said...
12:47 PM