Why you sneaky little....

Somehow it has snuck up on us. It came out in the night and sprinkled it's evil dust everywhere. It hid it so you wouldn't see it right away, but you would quickly feel it's choking and itching and swelling powers. My friends, it's back. Pollen. I loathe pollen. I love what it does for the world, but I loathe what it does to me. A couple weeks ago I thought that the kids' colds were finally getting to me. I started taking my Zyrtec b/c I thought I saw something yellow along the road one day. Turns out what I thought was a cold was pure evil.... allergies.

My throat feels like it has a softball in it. Every time I swallow I feel like it's pouring acid in an open wound. Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it's extremely painful to swallow and I really do feel like I have a softball in my throat. But what I want to know is how in the world did pollen become part of our problem with this cold weather we've been having? Maybe my theory was right all along. That it sleeps all winter, wakes up too early and then spends the rest of it's days just waiting for the temperature to randomly hit 60 degrees one afternoon and BANG! it makes it's attack. Doesn't matter that the temps will drop back into the 30s and 40s the next day. They have been given a go sign and there is no looking back.

I used to love spring and everything about it. Now I have a very strong love/hate relationship with it. Here's to surviving the wrath of spring's beauty! (And thank God for allergy medicine!)

2 comments:

My allergies come and go and are no where near the severity of many. But, I swear by Walmart's generic version of Chlortrimeton. It cost about $2 for 50 pills. I take 2 any time I need them and they clear everything up. Maybe worth the $2 to see if they work for you. The other meds can get pricey!

8:39 AM  

Ugh my sinuses have already caught up with me too!!! These past few weeks I have had the painful throat and the medicine head feeling. I finally had to add an antibiotic to my normal Claritin because I cannot take it anymore!

10:12 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.