lake and easter photos

I finally have a chance to put photos on here and only b/c I'm ignoring the piles of laundry that need to be folded right now. (2 on the couch and 1 in a basket to prop my feet up-- actually feels pretty good!) Unfortunately we did not have a single family photo turn out. And I'm not being modest or vain, every single one of them were blurry. Not exactly sure what happened, but oh well. There isn't a nice place (meaning cleaned off enough AND pretty enough) for us to stand in front of anyway. But enough of that, here are the photos:

Sophie wore a dress of mine that Grammie had made for me when I was a little girl and she just replaced the red ribbon with pink. She looked so sweet (ok, absolutely beautiful!!) in it, but I was a complete and total nervous wreck having her wear it. She was the last one to get dressed and I took it off as soon as we got home from church. I think next year we'll go with something like the one she wore the year before that Grammie had made. Thought I was going to have a heart attack when I saw the lace on the back had torn a little from the pin.


I think I'm probably the world's worst mom when it comes to Easter baskets. I don't talk up the bunny at all and give my kids as little candy as possible. I'm the one who puts goldfish in their eggs, but I forgot this year. I also don't give them their baskets until after church b/c I don't want to deal with the fights, whining and messes that can often result from giving a toddler chocolate before 9:00 in the morning. Here Christopher is trying to rip open a life saver breath mint. Yup, that's me! But they had jelly beans and gummie bears in the other eggs (thanks to Aunt Ame giving it to them bags for their birthday.) For the record, my son doesn't eat candy anyway, he just likes chocolate. And breath mints. Like me. My kids got underwear (I'd originally bought for Valentine's Day) and a toothbrush and loved it.



The kids going down the slide inside the bouncy house at the awesome Easter party we went to with friends from church. It was steep and just as fast as she looks like she's going.


Is he not the cutest little boy you have ever seen??? I want to squish this kid every time I see him! And what a ham too! He just started posing for Brandon and stopped jumping to do so. I wish you could see the rest of the photos too. Hilarious! His parents are just as funny too, so no surprise where he gets it from!


Sophie on the playground. Yes, it looks nasty and moldy, but I think this is one of my favorite photos!



Sophie getting ready for a swing at the pinata. I love how serious she is here. She did well. And then comes Christopher's turn. And no, he didn't crack it open, even though it looks like he would have.


Someone had confetti stuffed eggs that you crack smash on someone's head. She had 4 dozen and they were gone in no time. So fun!!! Just empty out a real egg, fill with confetti, tape it up then smash away.


Waiting to go on an egg hunt. Sweaty and tired from jumping. This kid had so much fun and has no problem keeping up with kids older and bigger than her.

Now, on to the very few lake photos I have:

Sweet Anne Morgan playing one morning. I totally forgot to get a copy of all the pics on my parents camera and am kicking myself for it. She is the sweetest and quietest baby ever! I just wanted to kiss all over her sweet face! She's so happy that she actually got me thinking about having another one! Sophie wouldn't allow it though. Nobody sits in my lap but her. Don't be checking often for any "news" though, I do not want to add anyone to this family before we move again. Pet or person. We are maxed out right now and I'm good with it.

Pop reading the kids a book one afternoon. Sophie kept asking him, "Where'd John go?" He's the truck driver in the story. She asks why more than I ever thought possible. You get to the point where you don't have anymore answers and she keeps asking.

Here are two of the things I made with my sewing machine. My sister has an embroidery machine and she did some stuff for me. I made another one for a friend who has a little boy that's cute too. I have a new project for this week and I'm praying I can get it done.


The kids playing on the screened porch at Grammie and Pop's. They love sitting out here. Especially playing on the swinging bed. Well, we all love sitting that thing! Many a naps have happened here by people of all ages. Dogs too.

Ladybugs come out on the porch this time every year and the kids found one on the swing. I thought it was really funny that Christopher grabbed the magnifying glass to look at it.


I promised Christopher he could go swimming one afternoon, so he suited up. Looks like a shorter version of his Halloween costume. He's had this for two years and it fits him better now than ever. I love this kid! He's so funny!

That's all I got. Hope it was enough to keep you full for a while. I'm off to start supper before Brandon heads off to work for the night. Later fools!

7 comments:

Sophie looks BEAUTIFUL in that dress! I love when my girls get to wear old dresses in the family. And that pic of her by the spindles is GORGEOUS!

And Christopher looks mighty strong in his spiderman outfit! :-)

6:28 PM  

I agree the dress is adorable and the picture by the railing is my favorite Ever of her!! =0)

Your parents house is too awesome.. the swinging bed on the porch... wow, who wouldn't want one of them???

6:58 PM  

Oh my goodness that dress is gorgeous! Oh and simms will ONLY eat choclate candy too! Works for me! And I love your parents house! Anytime we go by there I want to just plop down in that swing!

6:59 PM  

You give your kids underwear in the Easter baskets!! Hahahaha! And that is number #57 of that 5000 reasons that I love you!

7:33 PM  

LOVE the pictures! And I agree with the first comment, Sophie looks BEAUTIFUL in the dress. Looks like yall had a great day. See you in a couple of weeks!

9:10 PM  

I miss you!!!

9:20 AM  

LOVE those beatiful pics....LOVE the dress Sophie wore...it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I also LOVE that picture of Sophie by the railing...it looks like a picture in a magazine!

4:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.