Weekend fun and not so fun

Last week the kids and I watched Keenan and Moriah while their mom had to go somewhere and to thank us she treated us to Mcdonald's and the Gulfarium. We hadn't been there since we moved here so the kids were really excited about seeing the animals. I only got a few photos and most of them didn't turn out. Here are the kids watching the sea lions do their stuff:


And here they are goofing around after we are finished looking at the other animals:


I still can't believe I live here, isn't it beautiful?:



Saturday we went to a birthday party at the bowling alley. It was the first time our kids had ever been bowling. They weren't real sure at first, but the got into it. We had a lot of fun and will have to do it again another time.


Even Sophie got in on the action. The kids loved their bowling shoes too, which I thought they'd hate. Only problem was they think kids have skinny feet and the velcro wouldn't stay.


That afternoon we walked over to the Ramages house to help them put together their new swing set, or "playground" as the kids were calling it. We ordered Chinese and hung out for hours. It was lots of fun, no surprise though, we love these guys. (Fingers crossed and hands together praying they find out where they are going soon, hint: Tiff and kids might be staying here!) We went home around 7:30 to get ready for bed and Sophie had been very congested for a couple days, causing her to throw up on occasion. She started again around 10:30 that night and did about every 30-45 minutes, so I slept with her on the couch. Sort of. Then it hit me. Later it hit Christopher. He had climbed in the bed with Brandon who didn't know he had company, until Christopher threw up all over him. I felt horrible! He had taken a Lunesta to help him sleep (coming off two weeks of nights and totally thrown off) and we were all keep him up and needing his help. Thankfully he never got sick and everyone was "better" on Sunday. I'm keeping the kids home from school today b/c they both still have runny noses and every now and then say they don't feel good. They typically say this for about a week after getting better, but I didn't want to take any chances.

This morning I have tons of laundry to do and the windows needed washing and the kids LOVE to wash windows. We got the inside finished and then headed outside. We played out there for a while (Brandon is home sick today) and we are trying to stay out of his way, but not being very successful. Here are my new favorite shoes for outside. I got them at Target in the gardening section for $10 -- full price -- and LOVE them!!! Been trying to find some I liked and for a decent price. They were definitely worth the wait.


Sophie kept trying to take her stroller (holding her cup) in and out of the back door. She wants it to stay open like a regular door. Doesn't happen. Tried to help. Got yelled at. On her own.


And finally, Christopher doing what he loves most, making mud puddles. He told me that about 40 times while he was making them. Thankfully the ground soaked it up pretty quickly.

Hope you all had a great weekend. We loved the weather and hated the throwing up. But it's done and over with and now everyone has clean sheets. My book for the book club just came in today and I can't wait to get started on it! Now I just need some clean clothes. Better get on that. Later chicas!!

4 comments:

How old is little Moriah? She reminded me of little Bennett when she didn't have much hair but desperately wanted to sit like a big girl with her older cousins. That is the sweetest picture.

2:00 PM  

she turned 1 last october/november? she's so sweet!

4:45 PM  

sOPHIE LOOKS like such a big girl with a ponytail I cannot believe it!!! We CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YALL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kyle has been dying to take the boys bowling so maybe we can do that one night!
Also, I meant to comment on your book club. I would LOVE to join it, but since I have a TV obsessed husband it makes it hard to read as much as I want to. But we will see.

8:31 AM  

I love your red clogs and want a pair!!!!

And, I'd love to live there.....gorgeous.

3:45 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.