Today, the kids and I went strawberry picking with Tiffany, William and baby Regan. We didn't get to go with our MOPS group on Monday, so we decided to go later in the week. I had no idea what it was going to be like, but was up for the adventure. I also had no idea just how many strawberries we would end up with. They told you grab a box and go picking until you wanted to stop. Everyone had a box and we headed down the rows and started picking.
I think the kids lasted about 5 minutes and then they were done. Tiffany and I were going to fill up our two boxes no matter what the kids said. Sophie was more interested in eating them than picking them. No surprise there. And there was no hiding that she was doing it. Her t-shirt was covered in red juice, right along with her face and hands. I still don't know how I didn't get a photo of it. I kept telling her to stop eating the berries, but every time I looked up she would have her chin down and her hands under her chin hiding something. When I'd ask her what it was, she'd start to giggle and show me the biggest, reddest berry you could find. I'd swap it for a tiny one.
After we filled our boxes we headed back to have them weighed and pay for them. I ended up with 24 pounds!!! But at $1.25 a pound, you just can't pass them up. Not exactly sure what I'm going to do with all of them, but we will find something. We finished off the trip with some strawberry frozen yogurt and then headed back home. Christopher helped me wash one box and I even let him help me cut them up. He did a very good job! I've got one bowl for eating, another bigger bowl for making "fruit roll ups" and another spread out on a baking sheet freezing as we speak. (Tiff's mom said this way was the easiest if you don't want one big ball of frozen berries... very good to know!) I definitely recommend going if you never have!

Oh my gosh, I'm drooling!! How yummy and how much fun! We're looking forward to seeing all of you next week!
The Howell's said...
8:26 PM
How Awesome! I sure wish I could have been there.
what a lovely family I have!
-brandon
Brittny said...
8:20 AM