I was listening to Rick and Bubba (on computer b/c we don't get them on the radio here) and I heard that the two guys got their hug from Taylor Swift yesterday. If you didn't know about this, here's the little I do know.
Two guys (apparently go to AU) started a plan to try to get a hug from Taylor Swift. T-shirts have been made. Videos pleading for a hug have been made. They've been on radio talking about it. They have been working hard. And it all paid off.
Yesterday, Auburn had a huge karaoke party and the two guys were up front leading everyone in, nothing other than a Taylor Swift song. Towards the end of the song, the video cut out and up popped Taylor Swift on the screen. Everyone went nuts. She told the guys how much she appreciated them and she wished she could be there. She really wished she could be there. Then she said she had an idea and she got up and walked away. Next thing you know, Aubie comes walking out. People are going crazy. Then two big guys walk out with Miss Taylor Swift right behind them. You can only imagine how insane it was in that room at the time.
The guys got their hugs. They also got a kiss on the cheek. And front row seats to a concert. Everyone else got a free mini concert b/c she brought her band. How awesome would it have been to be there??? I've never wished I was back in school again (purely for class and study reasons), but today I would have LOVED to be back at good 'ol AU again!!! War Eagle!!!!
Here's the link to the video if you want to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnBtN4cdanY

Super cute story and video. I wish it had showed them playing at the end.
starnes family said...
8:29 AM
SOO cool. I heard about it on Rick and BUbba too. I wonder if my brother was there??
Ole Miss Mom said...
8:53 AM
That is hysterical! I have several friends at Auburn and I saw all these videos of Taylor Swift on their facebook accounts, but I just thought she had a concert there. I didn't know the story behind it. That is too funny.
Oh, and how I miss Rick and Bubba.... Sniff...sniff....
Lauren W said...
8:55 AM
I heard about it yesterday. In the car. On the way home from Montgomery. Are you kidding me? Not that I would have gone to the karaoke thing anyway. I probably would have been a little sadder if I was in Auburn and didn't know about it.
The Scott family said...
10:48 AM
Way cool!
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
8:10 PM