A friend of mine (I like to call her that, even though we've never met, but I
really wish we could) has decided to start a book club with her bogging friends and I just had to get on board. Our first book is
Eat Pray Love and I'd never heard of it before, but everyone else seems to have. It's coming out as a movie this summer, starring, none other than, Julia Roberts. That fact alone let me know it must be really good. If you are looking for a book club that will have deep, intellectual discussions about blah, blah, blah, blah.........zzzzzzzzzzzzz............................... Whoa sorry! Lost me there for a second. If you are looking for a book club that will think/discuss/analyze about the books, this isn't it. We are just going read and have fun and I'm pumped! I've never been in a book club before because in case you haven't noticed I'm not a deep thinker. I think the deepest I will get into anything is a discussion about how the word "poop/poo/poo-poo" has become such a popular word for 2-4 year olds to use and why.
See, I'm kind of picky about books too. Well, maybe not as much as I used to be. I don't like time period ones or things about war or books about vampires (I know, I know, I hear they are good, but I'm still going to pass) or just plain boring books. I used to love a good mystery and John Grishom was my fav for a long time, but then I got bored. Quit reading for a while and then started back up again when Brandon started med school. I had too much free time and nobody to hang with. I started reading funny chick books. Not that silly romance/beach stuff that had Fabio on the cover, but the ones about women who would get into hilarious situations. But my favorite authors weren't writing them fast enough. Then I met Karen and well, you all know how I feel about her. But after reading 15 (I'm on #16 right now) of her books over the last 4 months I'm ready for a change. This book club could not have come at a better time too! I still have to finish the book I'm reading, but I just "purchased" our first book on
paperbackswap.com and can't wait to get it! I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it later on. (Not that anyone really cares, but I want proof later in life that I did this.)
If you want to ride along then
click here to follow her site. You won't be disappointed! She's hilarious and so are her 3 kids!
Definitely a friend! We'd have so much fun if we lived closer.
This is my first Book Club, too. And, I'm in charge. So, set those expecations really high!!!!!!!
Oh, and absolutely YES to "no carb left behind". Doesn't the trailer just inspire the read?
"I want something to marvel at..." Love it.
Anyone can join......come on over!
xo, Casey from www.thestarnesfam.com
starnes family said...
8:47 PM
Yay, she's my friend! Jealous? Come out here to KC (in a week where we actually don't have company) and the three of us can take the town by storm. Can't wait for the book club.
Lauren W said...
8:55 AM
Oh my goodness, I have just fallen in love with the paperbook swap website thanks to you! I had no idea it existed and have been using half.com for years, but just switched my listings. I didn't know your email address to list you as a referral in the referral box, so I put your name and then your blog for the referring website. Not sure if it means any credits, but you might want to check with them. Thanks so much!
Cindy said...
11:23 AM
I just put a request for it in at the library. Never heard of it either but I can't wait for it to get in and to start it. Now that I'm nursing again, I've been going through books like crazy (what else am I going to do in the middle of the night?) so I'm always looking for a suggestion!
The Scott family said...
2:21 PM