Our week

Last weekend we had Christopher's birthday party. It was a few weeks late, but only b/c we were out of town the weekend of his birthday, then Brandon was on call the next. It was perfect timing though b/c the weather was absolutely gorgeous!!! It was sunny and just cool/warm enough to want to spend the entire day outside. We had it at the big park on base like last year, but this time no rain or humidity in site. We had a lot of fun with all of our friends and the kids played hard. It was the first "friend" party we've had. Usually it's just family and 1 or 2 friends. I figured since we were leaving town the next day I save everyone from traveling to our house and invite all our friends that are moving this summer. It was great!

Sunday, the kids, dog and I loaded up into the van and headed off to the lake. We made one stop along the way at this beautiful farm and we played for a little while. I picked it b/c it was down off the side of the road and I just pulled over on the driveway. I didn't really realize where we were until we got out and looked at the lush green all around us. I wanted to stay on the dirt road and find out where it took us and imagined cowboy boots and horses and loads of fun, but we had some grandparents to get to, so I decided against trespassing.

We got to Grammie and Pop's house a little after they got home from church and thankfully the kids napped a little on the way there. We played hard. Brick swam and chased everything along with the other dogs. It was perfect. Monday it was pretty cool out and we were planning to run into Montgomery to visit with Great, but Christopher wasn't feeling well, so we stayed home. We were going to start sewing, but this was the day I slipped and slid halfway down the stairs, so we just went for a walk instead to make sure nothing got too tight. I think it worked b/c I never really hurt the rest of the week.

The rest of the week continued to warm up and the skies were beautiful. We played inside and out. I sewed a few things like burp cloths, started a bag and made a cover for the back seat of the van where Brick sits. It was getting really dirty, but I cleaned it. Aunt Jennifer and Anne Morgan came on Wednesday and it was so fun to watch little AM crawl around everywhere. She is seriously the quietest baby I have ever seen! You honestly forget she's there except she's so darn cute you don't want to take your eyes off of her. She makes everyone want another baby, including me. (But don't get your hopes up, Sophie's WAY too clingy to add to this bunch.) Both kids want another baby, but when Sophie learned that meant Mommy's lap would no longer be free for her to sit in she changed her mind. It was a funny conversation!

I have some photos, but haven't downloaded them and forgot to get the ones I took with Pop's camera. I'll put them on here later. It's great to be home and I'm glad we were gone b/c Brandon was even busier than the week before. He starts nights on Monday. Boo. We miss him when he works this much. But that's our life! (I still love it!)

Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

You guys have been super busy! Hope you're healing well and that you have a fabulous Easter. Can't wait to see your pictures!

8:50 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.