I haven't had a chance to go through all the hundreds of photos from Christmas yet (have 3 different cameras downloaded on here!) and so I thought I'd write about some of the funny things that happened yesterday.
(Note: this may be too much info for some, but it's really not that bad!) After putting Sophie down for a nap in the morning I went back to get ready for the day and had to go to the bathroom. Christopher comes back and I guess he thought I was having trouble b/c I was sitting down. (He goes #1 standing and assumes anyone sitting is doing the other.) He says, "Mommy, it's hard isn't it? Let me help you." and makes a fist and pushes it on my leg making a grunting noise. I try not to laugh. Then I realize I'm all out of toilet paper so I ask him to go get me some. Of course he brings back half a square wadded into a ball. I tell him to just bring me the whole roll, not sure if he knows how to do that. He comes back saying, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I'm sorry, Mommy." over and over. I realize why when he brings me a soaking wet roll of toilet paper. Just so you know, there was enough dry spot I was able to use before tossing it in the trash can.
A little while later we went to run an errand and when we got home he wanted to ride his new tractor. (He got a ride on tractor from Santa Hemphill, we had no idea he was getting it.) He's riding it around the neighborhood and I have to go to the bathroom again (sorry, didn't realize most of this was about me going to the bathroom, but I'd had a lot to drink!). I tell him we need to run home really quick and then he can keep riding. He tells me to go home and he'll wait there for me. Not going to happen so I convince him to go home with me and he tells me, "You go potty like a big boy?" I tell him I go like a big girl. He doesn't understand this so we go back and forth a little before I explain I'm a girl and he's a boy. He just says, "Oooooooohhhhh." in his most Southern accent he can make.
After his nap he is having a hard time waking up and is sitting in his little red chair holding lambie, froggie and Pluto with his pacifier in his mouth. He is just staring off into space, not blinking or anything. Suddenly he jumps up and everything flies out, including the pacifier, and says, "I have a GREAT idea!!!!" He runs back to his room telling me to follow him. He says, "Me put some pants and shirt and shoes on and go ride my tractor!" I die laughing. We go outside and ride his tractor.
Just so you know, he did play with all the other toys that he got for Christmas, he basically runs from one thing to the other, but the tractor just happened to be a part of the funniest things I remember. He talks to his trains and cars when playing with them now and it's adorable b/c you can tell he thinks they are real. It's cute! I'll try to get photos on here soon, but I have a massive pile of laundry to tackle, a toy kitchen that still has not been put together, a tree to take down and oh yeah, we are going out of town again this weekend. So, the blog may have to wait a little longer.

he's so precious! love that little guy, so glad we got to see all of you at Christmas
The Howell's said...
7:32 PM