Poor Sophie!

Little Sophie has been sick for the last 4 days and we aren't sure when we'll see the end of it. On Wednesday she felt a little warm, but we just wrote it off as wearing a jacket too long. Thursday afternoon, Brandon was home early from work and when she woke up from her nap she was burning up. We took her temp and it was 103.8, the highest either child has ever run a fever. We gave her some medicine and waited. After a while, Brandon, of course knowing way too much, started to get a little worried about what it could be, and knowing he was probably just overreacting decided to call one of the doctors he works with and was told to bring her in. We found out she has an ear infection. I wasn't too surprised since she's been cutting teeth like crazy and Christopher had an ear infection twice around this age. We were sent home with some meds and told to just watch the fever and let them know if it was still acting up. Friday I took Christopher to Mother's Day Out, went to get my haircut and pick up a few things at the store and poor Sophie looked terrible! She crashed when we got home and slept for 2 hours. Woke up with another fever, still 103.9 and I gave her some IB and called Brandon to give him the update. I was told by her doctor to give her Tylenol as well and call in an hour if it was still high. We go to get brother and she can barely keep her little puffy eyes open. I called Brandon back to tell him we were just going to come straight there b/c I didn't want to wait for naps to be over and be "that person" who shows up at 4:30 on a Friday with a sick child. The nurses were amazingly sweet and it took 3 of us to hold little Sophie down as they gathered urine and blood samples. It killed me to see her screaming like that, but knew it had to be done. We found out she has a virus on top of the ear infection and just have to keep doing what we're doing. Saturday her doctor called to check on her while headed out of town with his family (he's so sweet!) and told us what to do if we needed anything. Her fever came and went throughout the day, hitting 104 by the afternoon, but she's a trooper and hanging in there. The good news is, she's sleeping harder at night so I'm not as tired as you'd think I'd be. Hopefully today will be a good day and she'll just start getting better.

2 comments:

poor baby :(

12:50 PM  

Poor thing. sorry to hear that. Hope she is feeling better. I will be writing an email to you soon re: our babies birthday plans. Til then...

3:35 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.