Good to go, so far...

I don't know who knows, but Brandon had surgery this morning. He has had a hernia for years, but didn't realize that is what was causing the occassional pain he'd been having until just now. The pain was never strong enough or lasted long enough for him to bother getting it checked. Turns out he didn't have one hernia, he had two! The doctor said he did great. Brandon was a little nervous about having his co-workers operating him (not b/c he didn't trust them) and becoming the patient instead of the doctor, but he was able to let go of it and relax. I was proud of him for doing so well and actually following the doctor's orders by letting me take care of him.

Yesterday I started explaining to Christopher that Daddy was going to go to the hospital to get a boo boo fixed instead of being the one to take care of other people's boo boos. At dinner tonight he was so cute and told me that Daddy would feel better if he watched his digger movie. And later told Brandon that he could use his Lightning McQueen ice pack to make his boo boo feel better. Before he went to bed he crawled up with Brandon to watch a soccer game that was on and Christopher said, "I love soccer," which of course melted Brandon's heart. (Such a sweet boy!!)

Thankfully my mother-in-law was able to come down and help me with the kids and I don't know what I would have done without her! And Tiffany too. She was awesome and picked Christopher up from Mother's Day Out for me b/c the surgery took longer than expected. The upside to all of this is that he has all of next week off! Unfortunately he won't exactly be in great shape to enjoy it like he'd want to, but it'll be nice to have Christmas with family now.

2 comments:

Oh no! I hope he feels better soon.

9:07 AM  

I'm sorry Brandon! Hope you feel better real soon. At least you'll be able to have Christmas off and lots of people around you that can take care of you. It's a lot harder to be the patient, isn't it?!

9:32 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.