O Holy Night???



Yesterday when taking a walk with the kids I remembered that I had a Little People nativity scene that I hadn't pulled out of storage yet. We got home and grabbed the last box and the kids were so excited to discover the new toy. As they sat on the kitchen floor playing, I tried showing Christopher who all the characters were and setting up the scene. I get up to start dinner and here him making noises that don't quite match the story, here's what happened:
Christopher takes the cart that pulls behind the donkey and takes out the hay. He says, "Take baby Jesus for a ride, Mommy." I laugh and say ok. Then I hear, "Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep..." and turn around to see the donkey backing up, but apparently when it does this it makes the sound of a big truck in reverse. I start laughing again and he looks up and says, "Jesus backing up like a digger, Mommy!"
Meanwhile, Brandon has walked in the door and sits down with the kids to play. They are talking and I turn around again to see Christopher holding Mary and one of the wisemen with their faces touching each other. I kick Brandon to look and when Christopher realizes we are watching him he says, "The mommy and daddy kiss each other." We didn't know how to react, b/c to us Mary just cheated on Joseph, so we just laugh and tell him which one is the real daddy and let it go. How do you explain that to a two year old?
Should we be worried that the first time our son plays with a doll-type toy he has them kissing? Of course he did think they were a mommy and daddy and I'm glad he thinks they should be kissing instead of yelling at each other. I think tonight we need to start working on teaching him the real Christmas story and break the news that there were no diggers present at the birth of Christ.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.