Seriously, it's fall? Maybe everywhere else in the country, but not down here in the deep south. (Ok, I know FL isn't considered "southern" by the rest of the south, but I'm going to as long as I live here.) Do you want to know what the weather is going to be like this week here? Let's start with today, 88 degrees. Tomorrow 89 degrees. Thursday, 90 degrees. Friday, 88 degrees. (Whoa! We're cooling off that day!) And don't forget the humidity we have on top of all of that. Some days it's not as humid, but most days it is. It doesn't slow the kids down at all, but I feel like I need a shower at lunch and dinner and bedtime. Ok, I DO need a shower that often, but who has time? I just want one day, night, afternoon, any time to bring us a cold snap and kills all those "stinkin' bugs" as Christopher says. That's the worst part! My children look like they have scab covered chicken pox b/c they won't stay in the house and are eaten alive. I keep covering them with bandaids, but they just pull them off to scratch some more.
Now about the cold part. Lemonade. Pink. That's how I'm surviving. A big tall, fat glass of it in a plastic cup with lots of ice. Preferably from Zoe's. It comes with a lid and a straw (help keeps the "stinkin' bugs" out and I can wash it in the dishwasher). The other cold part is that my children have them. Sophie is yucky and runny and Christopher is congested and coughing. Brandon is gone and nobody will play with us and I can't drop them off anywhere b/c nobody wants sick children these days thanks to the swine flu fear we all have. So, at home, in the heat is where you'll find us. Or wandering around in the BX like lost puppies just trying to find something to do. Hey, at least nobody is throwing up. I can handle this as long as nothing gross happens. Just pray that Christopher won't bring back his little attitude he's been popping up on me lately. That I can't handle. Seriously, I don't know how to handle it! But I'm trying. Hey, that's all we can do right? I'm going to leave you with photos of what the little dirty ones have been up to while I was writing all of this. Just know that this is what they look like most mornings, until I can tackle them, wipe their faces and put less clothes on them.
And these are just a fraction of the trucks we own. They are just the larger ones. Yup, we love us some trucks around here!
59 degrees here this morning. Our trees in the backyard are half green and half orange. Going to a cider mill on Friday with some Moms for apple cider and pumpkin spice donuts. See why you need to come visit?
Lauren W said...
1:56 PM
hahaha!!! i meant to leave a little note in my post to see if you still missed AL? it's funny you were the first to respond.
Brittny said...
2:46 PM